Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ICON Vehicle Dynamics

Notices

Coilover rebuild

Old 03-23-2010, 12:59 AM   #1
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Coilover rebuild

Hi,

When does a coilover needs a rebuild? What are the symptoms?

I have the extended length for 05+ Tacoma set at 3" lift. It has roughly 10K miles on it. It' been off-road a couple of times.

I hear loud creaking noise when the truck starts moving forward or reverse. I can hear it also when the suspension is compressing and relaxing going over bumps. Is this normal for a 3" lift or is it a sign of needing a rebuild?

By the way, I have a Total Chaose UCA and brand new OEM LCAs.

Please help. The noise is very annoying.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:21 AM   #2
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
May be your leaf springs. But yes its normal for your truck to squeek and creek after youve taken it in the dirt. My suspension only has 5k miles on it and my truck squeaks alot. You wont need a rebuild for a while
Old 03-23-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
ICON VEHICLE DYNAMICS
icon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to beholdicon2 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Mike
icon2's Tacoma Gallery
You should not need a re-build until if and when you see a substantial amount of shock oil leaking from the shock. The noise you are hearing can come from leaf springs or even the bushings on the uca's. Please try and isolate where the noise is coming from. If you have any other questions about your shocks please let me know. Thanks
Old 05-23-2011, 02:52 AM   #4
ironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud ofironman_jon has much to be proud of

Name: Jonathan
ironman_jon's Tacoma Gallery
Why do u suggest a 285 tire with these coilovers.
What does the oil build up look/feel like....ie thick or really oily