Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ICON Vehicle Dynamics

Notices

coilovers for lifted applications

Old 06-14-2010, 10:25 AM   #1
3boyztaco is on a distinguished road

3boyztaco's Tacoma Gallery
coilovers for lifted applications

just researching the coilover market with regards to lifted tacomas. is the icon 6"-7" coilovers specifically engineered to work with ONLY the pro comp drop bracket lifts? are they applicable to other aftermarket lifts such as fabtech, RCD, etc...

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #2
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I believe you could use them with any drop bracket type lift that is on the market right now, but better wait for Icon's response.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:28 AM   #3
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
I will let you know how they work with the Fabtech. I have them here, just waiting on some final pieces to show up

I asked the question to URD and they got up with Icon and said they should work just fine

Justin
Old 06-14-2010, 10:31 AM   #4
3boyztaco is on a distinguished road

3boyztaco's Tacoma Gallery
hope you can post some pics of the finished product.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:40 PM   #5
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
What is the travel on these?
Old 08-05-2011, 10:04 PM   #6
KingofRedwood is on a distinguished road
Name: Cuong
KingofRedwood's Tacoma Gallery
is there anyone here get Icon extended CO's on Pro Comp 6in lift? I am bout getting Icon set up CO's and seeing options but not sure which one is best for me. Thank you in advance
Old 08-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #7
ICONRacer is a splendid one to beholdICONRacer is a splendid one to beholdICONRacer is a splendid one to beholdICONRacer is a splendid one to beholdICONRacer is a splendid one to beholdICONRacer is a splendid one to beholdICONRacer is a splendid one to beholdICONRacer is a splendid one to behold

Name: Sean K.
ICONRacer's Tacoma Gallery
Yes we make 6" lift apps for all different mfg. Although some companies claim 6" and some are 5.5 or 7" etc etc. The best thing to do is measure the length of the shock spacer they give you, and we can make a shock that will make up for the extra length needed to fit your kit.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #8
KingofRedwood is on a distinguished road
Name: Cuong
KingofRedwood's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICONRacer View Post
Yes we make 6" lift apps for all different mfg. Although some companies claim 6" and some are 5.5 or 7" etc etc. The best thing to do is measure the length of the shock spacer they give you, and we can make a shock that will make up for the extra length needed to fit your kit.
Do I have to order directly from Icon to get the CO's and the rear shocks customized in lengh to work with Pro Comp 6" lift? Thanks a ton
Old 08-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #9
ICONRacer is a splendid one to beholdICONRacer is a splendid one to beholdICONRacer is a splendid one to beholdICONRacer is a splendid one to beholdICONRacer is a splendid one to beholdICONRacer is a splendid one to beholdICONRacer is a splendid one to beholdICONRacer is a splendid one to behold

Name: Sean K.
ICONRacer's Tacoma Gallery
We actually don't sell to retail but you can pick up our parts from a long list of dealers. Downsouth is a great online sales place in california, and they are smart guys over there that can work with what you have and order through us. I believe they offer free shipping as well? It is an additional $100 to make up for the custom length application, and orders for those do take 2-3weeks for delivery because they arent something we stock typically, but thats the case for most shock MFGs because of the differences between so many of the companies.

Sean K.