Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   International (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/international/)
-   -   Spangdahlem, Eifel Region (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/international/244823-spangdahlem-eifel-region.html)

Gefallenprinz 10-20-2012 07:01 AM

Spangdahlem, Eifel Region

After searching the forums I did not find anything recent, in regards to Tacoma owners over here in Germany.

I have only been in Germany for a few months and I have seen ton of Tacomaís over here. I donít know if there is currently a meet up group or not, but it would be pretty awesome if we could get something going.

Delmarva 10-20-2012 07:04 AM

There's a few on here me thinks

Gefallenprinz 11-03-2012 10:30 AM

Anyone here?

robm7 11-04-2012 07:54 AM

army dude here, own a '12 DCSB and a 4Runner. Do the german dealers work on American Spec cars?

TacoIII 12-15-2012 04:18 AM

Hey man I am located at Kleine Brogel a GSU of your base maybe 1.5 hr away.

TacoIII 12-15-2012 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm7 (Post 5940960)
army dude here, own a '12 DCSB and a 4Runner. Do the german dealers work on American Spec cars?

Here in Belgium yes, but only certain ones. It winds up being cheaper if you order the parts yourself after they diagnosis it. I try to help as many people as I can out here by ordering parts and installing them so they dont have to get screwed by the local mechanics.

Imagine7721 12-19-2012 08:06 PM

I'm in Stuttgart with my Tacoma. There are quite a few in the Stuttgart area, though mine is the only one that is lifted and has steel plate bumpers. I feel like I'm going to run over some of these euro cars sometimes.

robm7 12-23-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imagine7721 (Post 6156512)
I'm in Stuttgart with my Tacoma. There are quite a few in the Stuttgart area, though mine is the only one that is lifted and has steel plate bumpers. I feel like I'm going to run over some of these euro cars sometimes.

whats it like driving in parking garages? I heard they are super narrow and hard to maneuver in with a bigger car

Gefallenprinz 12-24-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm7 (Post 6170200)
whats it like driving in parking garages? I heard they are super narrow and hard to maneuver in with a bigger car

I didnt take my taco, but i was driving in a parking garage in Munich during Oktoberfest, and it would have been impossible to drive my truck in there. We were in a smaller suv and even that it felt like the scene in Austin powers when he has the go-kart in the halway and gets stuck.

However in Trier there is a modern parking garage that would easily accomidate a taco. So i guess it just depends. I would scout them out with a car first though.

Imagine7721 06-14-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm7 (Post 6170200)

The parking garages are definitely fun. And by fun, I mean nerve-wracking. I hold my breath and pucker up everytime I do it. The height is always too close for comfort, the lanes are narrow, the spaces are short and the turns are tight.
I have a single car garage at my apt and I can barely even fit in that.