Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Union Members Unite!

Old 12-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #361
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
yeah, that sucks
For who?
Old 12-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #362
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
For who?
It forces wages downwards which screws everyone
Old 12-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #363
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It hasn't been good for the state of Michigan or Ohio. Pretty sure the unemployment rates are some of the highest in the nation, people are moving away, companies are closing, crime is up, foreclosures are some of the highest. Not saying it's a result of unions, but they have had teh same policies for a very long time and things just get worse.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #364
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It hasn't been good for the state of Michigan or Ohio. Pretty sure the unemployment rates are some of the highest in the nation, people are moving away, companies are closing, crime is up, foreclosures are some of the highest. Not saying it's a result of unions, but they have had teh same policies for a very long time and things just get worse.
When adjusted for inflation, the majority of jobs in the middle class pay no more than they did 40-50 years ago. Passing laws like that only serve to keep wages down, which may add jabs, but the quality of those jobs are worse. Hence the middle class gets screwed and is broke now.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #365
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
which may add jabs, but the quality of those jobs are worse. Hence the middle class gets screwed and is broke now.

I wonder how many Hostess employees would love to have their low quality jobs back.

RTW is very simple - I am now allowed to work at an employeer and I am not forced to support the union and deomcratic agenda.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #366

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bash42 View Post
I wonder how many Hostess employees would love to have their low quality jobs back.

RTW is very simple - I am now allowed to work at an employeer and I am not forced to support the union and deomcratic agenda.
Correct. The unions fear that over time the unions will lose power and influence.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #367
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Correct. The unions fear that over time the unions will lose power and influence.

If the Unions offered such a good value to their members then they wouldnt have to worry about people choosing to opt out!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:20 AM   #368
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
When adjusted for inflation, the majority of jobs in the middle class pay no more than they did 40-50 years ago. Passing laws like that only serve to keep wages down, which may add jabs, but the quality of those jobs are worse. Hence the middle class gets screwed and is broke now.
Any unbiased source to back these claims?
Old 12-17-2012, 07:16 AM   #369
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Any unbiased source to back these claims?
Is the majority of the middle class pretty close to average (not the mean)? If so why/how would we expect it to be higher or lower for that matter??
Old 12-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #371
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/201...g-484-000.html

Depending on your view, I guess you will find this an argument for the unions or against the taxpayers.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #372
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Is the majority of the middle class pretty close to average (not the mean)? If so why/how would we expect it to be higher or lower for that matter??
mean = average

Do you mean median?
Old 12-18-2012, 05:58 AM   #373

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
mean = average

Do you mean median?
You are correct sir, I did mean...median.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #374
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Stamford Fire Department, Group 3 truck 3
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Unions make up 12.7 percent of the entire U.S. work force. How much more power can they lose? It seems to me that everyone thinks I get my salary and all my benfits for free...I pay into my pension every paycheck for my entire career. Yes, it does go into a retirement account, but it's an account that we ( My Union) controls, not the city, which is why it's doing so well and we can keep the city from raiding the account to make up for other bad finacial decisions. And no, I do not put into it the entire amount I get out, but neither does anyone who has a retirement account. The difference is, when I was new to the union, my contributions to the fund helped pay for the retirees at that time, then when I retire, the new guys contributions will help me out. I choose this path because it guarantees my retirement. It is no way a sense of "entightlment" as some say. So when i retire, I get MY money back. So where this whole "entightlment" argument comes from is people regurgitating the idiots on fox news.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #375
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
Thread revive? IBEW Local 213, just completed my hours as an apprentice and getting my Red Seal ticket in the mail any day now
Old 06-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #376
Payduck is on a distinguished road
Payduck's Tacoma Gallery
IATSE Local 33 Stagehand. Socal
Old 07-10-2013, 05:55 AM   #377
o5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant future
Name: Tim
o5iiawah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You're focusing too much on this concept of wages and not on cost of living. Wages arent great in the south but on $50,000/yr you can live pretty damn well. You need almost $90k if you are going to live in NY/NJ to enjoy the same quality of life.

you forget that the "better wages" come as a result of higher prices and taxes for you and everyone else since the employer just rolls the cost of the union demands back into the price of rent, tax, or retail cost.

Furthermore, Right to Work is a good thing. If Union work was better, safer and got the job done on time, why the need to strike or picket? Wouldn't every job want to hire on principle? If being in a Union provided such great benefits, wouldn't everyone want to join and pay dues? Why do you need non-RTW laws to forcibly take wages away from people?

The myth that keeps getting pushed is that of the "Free-Rider" that someone enjoys the Union benefits without paying in. To that, I'd say that this is America and if you have a good product or group, people will contribute on their own. The NRA and the ACLU are two different organizations with different agendas. Each dont get a dime of taxpayer support, rely 100% on willing contributions and will fight for the rights of everyone, regardless of whether or not they pay dues.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:59 AM   #378
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
ibew LU #126
Collegeville, PA
Old 07-10-2013, 06:05 AM   #379
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mush Mouse View Post
Operating Engineers Local 825 Heavy Equipment Middletown,NY
Old neighbor I grew up in Vernon N.J. just over the border from Warwick N.Y.

Anyway USW Local 15253
Old 08-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #380
Nfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Nfurtado77's Tacoma Gallery
Local 2736 Millwrights I pay for my benefits and pention $31 a month and $4 off every hour that I work.