Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Union Members Unite!

Old 01-01-2014, 08:52 AM   #361
Jonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: John
Jonek's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=WV off road;6017583]Andrew: It sounds like you have a job that you've earned. You worked hard to get were you are. I'm not sure what "In the automotive industry" is, but that doesn't matter. If your happy, I'm happy for you. If you don't need a union thats great. I'm sure as hell not going to try to sell you on the idea. I worked nite shift to pay my wifes tuition. WVU, the same school you attended. So I can relate with you on some levels. As for my prefision: Sometimes I work 8 hour shifts. More times than not I work 10 hour shifts. Lots of overtime. No, I've never had 2 hours of mandatory breaks. Actually, my union fallows federal guid lines in that respect. Just like you." Try working for an event production company assembling training facilites"? Say What? I build skyscrapers! As for the guy that wouldn't help you. That is BS. As for you running to the boss like a little kid. That is also BS. Getting the crew kicked off the job because your feelings were hurt. More BS! Becouse one man hurt your tinder feelings, 9 years ago, you hate all unions. Thats just sad. This thred was started for union members to discuss there prefison. Not defend it. If you wan't to go around poking bears with sticks, your going to wake one !

We'll Said Brother !!

Many fail to realize that Unions are benefitting ALL , Union and Non-Union alike ... If you think income inequality is bad now .... Ha .... Vote Union .... Vote Yes
Old 01-01-2014, 09:01 AM   #362
Jonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: John
Jonek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WV off road View Post
Andrew: It sounds like you have a job that you've earned. You worked hard to get were you are. I'm not sure what "In the automotive industry" is, but that doesn't matter. If your happy, I'm happy for you. If you don't need a union thats great. I'm sure as hell not going to try to sell you on the idea. I worked nite shift to pay my wifes tuition. WVU, the same school you attended. So I can relate with you on some levels. As for my prefision: Sometimes I work 8 hour shifts. More times than not I work 10 hour shifts. Lots of overtime. No, I've never had 2 hours of mandatory breaks. Actually, my union fallows federal guid lines in that respect. Just like you." Try working for an event production company assembling training facilites"? Say What? I build skyscrapers! As for the guy that wouldn't help you. That is BS. As for you running to the boss like a little kid. That is also BS. Getting the crew kicked off the job because your feelings were hurt. More BS! Becouse one man hurt your tinder feelings, 9 years ago, you hate all unions. Thats just sad. This thred was started for union members to discuss there prefison. Not defend it. If you wan't to go around poking bears with sticks, your going to wake one up!
:cheers
Old 01-23-2014, 06:55 AM   #363
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Local 1 UNIFOR here from Canada. Best decision ever. No begging for raises, no worrying about losing a job unfairly, no BS. Love my union
Old 01-23-2014, 05:57 PM   #364
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Greenbergler's Tacoma Gallery
IBEW local 11, la county
Old 01-23-2014, 06:01 PM   #365
Crazy Cracker
669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of669sprink has much to be proud of

Name: Bobby
669sprink's Tacoma Gallery
Just now came on TW

669 Union Sprinkler Fitters of San Diego
Old 01-23-2014, 08:34 PM   #366
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 669sprink View Post
Just now came on TW

669 Union Sprinkler Fitters of San Diego

Wooot
Welcome fellow fire protection peps
Old 01-23-2014, 08:34 PM   #367
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
Local 1 UNIFOR here from Canada. Best decision ever. No begging for raises, no worrying about losing a job unfairly, no BS. Love my union

Nice to see fellow local 1 brothers
Old 01-24-2014, 05:29 PM   #368
Roll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Quinton
Roll Tide's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I see , thanks again

The rate paid by the employer is fixed here at 1.4 times the employee's contribution portion , that is why I couldn't understand the advantage to fighting the benefit

OZ,

The answer is, it depends. The state of Indiana is an "employment-at-will" state. This means they can fire you for anything. However, If they fire you for a reason such as, wearing a green shirt, the state will hold a hearing, and determine whether the state will pay it, or the company. Now, if they fire you for say, habitually violating safety rules, and write you up 3 times, and fire you on the fourth, then more than likely the state will pay it.

If the hearing is judged that the company should pay, the employers % goes up. In this way, it keeps small businesses honest. I have worked for some large companies however, that didn't care how much they spent.

The last company I worked for paid < 1% in unemployment "insurance". Basically they didn't fire people all willy-nilly.

Other companies I have worked for have paid well over 3%.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:56 PM   #369
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Union Members Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
OZ,

The answer is, it depends. The state of Indiana is an "employment-at-will" state. This means they can fire you for anything. However, If they fire you for a reason such as, wearing a green shirt, the state will hold a hearing, and determine whether the state will pay it, or the company. Now, if they fire you for say, habitually violating safety rules, and write you up 3 times, and fire you on the fourth, then more than likely the state will pay it.

If the hearing is judged that the company should pay, the employers % goes up. In this way, it keeps small businesses honest. I have worked for some large companies however, that didn't care how much they spent.

The last company I worked for paid < 1% in unemployment "insurance". Basically they didn't fire people all willy-nilly.

Other companies I have worked for have paid well over 3%.

1% - 3% ?

I said 1.4 times the employee contribution , ie $140%

The federal EI rate is currently 1.88% for employees , I then pay 1.4 times their contribution as the employer

For example , employee makes $1000 / month , their EI portion / deduction is $18.88 , I then have to contribute an additional $26.43
Old 01-26-2014, 08:09 AM   #370
Taco Dude is a glorious beacon of lightTaco Dude is a glorious beacon of lightTaco Dude is a glorious beacon of lightTaco Dude is a glorious beacon of lightTaco Dude is a glorious beacon of light
Army: 3/75, 2/508, 3/504
Taco Dude's Tacoma Gallery
Sheetmetal Local 105!
Old 02-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #371
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Took over the shop steward position for my sheet metal shop at the shipyard I work at this week. Could not be happier to help bring them together!
Old 02-01-2014, 09:07 PM   #372
Jesus thinks you suck too
Frkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
Frkypunk's Tacoma Gallery
Local 645 union carpenters,
Old 02-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #373
Jesus thinks you suck too
Frkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
Frkypunk's Tacoma Gallery
BTW....skilled labor isn't cheap...and cheap labor isn't skilled....
Old 02-01-2014, 09:35 PM   #374
Plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
IBEW Local 143 Harrisburg PA

Cool to see so many union members on here.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:33 PM   #376
Brakeman is on a distinguished road
Brakeman's Tacoma Gallery
Teamster bmwed local 201 Boston , Ma.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:46 PM   #377
BIG DADDY

Old 03-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #378
HighVoltageTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
HighVoltageTRD's Tacoma Gallery
IBEW Local 210 Jersey shore
Old 03-27-2014, 10:01 PM   #379
gonna be a long ride
09sr5 is on a distinguished road

09sr5's Tacoma Gallery
IBEW L.U. 175