Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Firefighters, where you at?

Old 04-15-2011, 04:38 AM   #21
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
Just wondering how many there are.

What kind of gear you have?
i wanna say firedex

Whats in your pockets?
1 way mask, sprinkler stops/door chocks,ems gloves, bible, cable cutters, window punch, seatbelt cutter, shove knife and trunk lock pick, spanner wrench and prolly some more crap

Where do you ride?
Red Oak

and i dont use the fire store anymore, they screwed me over when i bought boots from them
Old 04-15-2011, 06:20 AM   #22
HMFD110 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Volunteer Firefirefighter EMT
HMFD110's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
Whats in your pockets?
1 way mask, sprinkler stops/door chocks,ems gloves, bible, cable cutters, window punch, seatbelt cutter, shove knife and trunk lock pick, spanner wrench and prolly some more crap
A bible thats the first that I've ever heard , you a chaplin?
Old 04-15-2011, 06:26 AM   #23
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
hahaha far from it, im not even christian. its a military field bible, i figured it may come to use more in the back of the EMS truck for somebody that may be religious or for comfort. ive never used it but i figure it has potential.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:54 PM   #24
HMFD110 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Volunteer Firefirefighter EMT
HMFD110's Tacoma Gallery
Not a bad idea, I've been taking my emt and I got my practical and my written coming up in the second week in may. My 225 question final is the same day I turn 21 so much for a good birthday.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:15 PM   #25
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: now Paramedic/Firefighter
CoalMedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMFD110 View Post
Not a bad idea, I've been taking my emt and I got my practical and my written coming up in the second week in may. My 225 question final is the same day I turn 21 so much for a good birthday.
All the more reason to party up afterwards! Good luck.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #26
Erll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Navy Nuke MM2, USS Albany
Name: My Name is Erll
Erll's Tacoma Gallery
Des Moines FF/Paramedic here.

I jump between engineer and firemedic depending on staffing

we got any other iowa ff here ?
Old 04-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #27
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of gear you have? Cairns yellow helmets, Janesville yellows but going with firetech or some shit.

Whats in your pockets? Webbing, tools, extra ems gloves, work gloves, other shit.

Where do you ride? My rotation is the Rescue, Engine, Ladder, and Ladder.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #28
FFMedic is on a distinguished road

Name: Drew
FFMedic's Tacoma Gallery
Another dead thread that needs revival.
Career FF/Paramedic for 1 month shy of 3 years now.
Ride anywhere except officers seat. (GIB, Drive, Medic unit)
Morning pride gear, and I probably carry a bit of everything.
Pants L pocket (wire cutters, Res-Q-Wrench, Channel locks, Screwdriver, gerber multi-tool, EMS shears, 30" bungee cord, Extra flash light) Pants R pocket (Save a jake, 30' webbing with carabiner, Extrication gloves) Coat R pocket (nitrile gloves) Coat L pocket (leather gloves) Helmet (extra hood) SCBA mask bag (extra structural gloves). Coat inside pocket ($20 cash inside plastic bag) never know when you are out and about, and need to buy ice cream or something to drink (yes I am the rookie at our station)
Wish I could take credit, but most of these ideas came from vententersearch.com (great site).
Old 04-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #29
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Dang its crazy how different every where else is compared to SoCal. Paid FFPM here an loving every minute of it. Riding backwards on an assessment engine. Gear wise...janesville, phenix helmets(the ca style ones), keep minimal amount of stuff in my turnouts. Channel locks with a "remodeled" handle for forcing mortise locks, 6n1 screwdriver, extra hood, and extra light, hose strap/bailout webbing, and my mask. thats it. dont like carrying too much.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #30
badphish14 will become famous soon enoughbadphish14 will become famous soon enough

Firefighter:
Name: Mike
badphish14's Tacoma Gallery
Long Island New York here. Volunteer and we are a small one house and trained to ride engine, truck and rescue. We also have ALS and BLS for the town and have two buses.
Gear is morning pride.
SCBA are all Scott. Our neighboring departments all have Scott too. We have the newer packs with the buddy breathing system and packer finder (not sure 100% the technical term). Just got the integrated bail out system thats installed in the packs.
In my pockets: I have a knife/punch/seat belt cutter combo in my radio pocket. Webbing, a multi gerber tool and a pair of small vise grips in on bunker pocket and our old bail out bag in the other. A few chocks of different sizes on my helmut.

Pretty pumped I found this thread. Is there a way we can get our own Topic like the cops and military guys? Be pretty cool to set one up so we could easily find the threads. Anyone a MOD?
Old 08-22-2012, 12:55 AM   #31
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
i tell all you fucks where to go
Old 08-22-2012, 05:03 AM   #32
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Career
Globe Gear
Red Traditional Cairns Helmet
SCBA are the MSA 45 packs with built in bail out equipment and built in SCBA line to give air, with built in computer so our chief can talk to us through the pass device (seriously) They are nice but to heavy, the pack wears me out before I can wear a bottle out....

Ride the Ladder
or med truck (first responder only forget being EMT or medic haha)
or rescue (I'm not cool enough yet still the probie but sometimes I go)

What's in my pockets

Jacket left front, med gloves, trauma shears, some other knick nacks.
Right, wire cutters and regular work gloves.

Turnout pants
Left, misc, power bar, bottle of water, webbing
Right, wire cutters, multi tool, spanner wrench,

Helmet, light and wedges.

Just heard my retirement might not even be mine.... As it's going under....yay.....
Old 08-22-2012, 05:16 AM   #33
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
I am thinking of joining volly or casual here, but I don't think I will have time. I am already going to paramedic school and on the ski patrol. maybe once I am done medic school I will try to get in casual. I was talking to the chief from a neighbouring city, and he said my cities dept has 16 jobs to fill by 2014. My city is the fastest growing in the province and one of the if not the fastest growing city in the maritimes.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:09 AM   #34
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
I'm about to quit my volly dept, to much stuff piling up. Not enough time.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:40 PM   #35
Aku has a spectacular aura aboutAku has a spectacular aura aboutAku has a spectacular aura about

Firefighter:
Aku's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr114 View Post
Dang its crazy how different every where else is compared to SoCal. Paid FFPM here an loving every minute of it. Riding backwards on an assessment engine. Gear wise...janesville, phenix helmets(the ca style ones), keep minimal amount of stuff in my turnouts. Channel locks with a "remodeled" handle for forcing mortise locks, 6n1 screwdriver, extra hood, and extra light, hose strap/bailout webbing, and my mask. thats it. dont like carrying too much.

I was thinking the same. . .

Im a paid FFPM in So. Cali also. I work on all our apparatus. Box, Engine, Tiller, Rescue. . .

I try and keep my gear pretty light also. Channel locks, flathead, 6' webbing, leather gloves, extra medical gloves, HEPA mask, Vicks menthol ( perfect on the upper lip during the "stinky" calls ), and $20.

Hey Gooch, what do you think of your Lion turnouts? We have been having issues with guys getting minor burns on their shoulders and arms since we switched to them. I preffered our older Globe stuff.
I'll never own another pair of boots after wearing Warrington Pro all leathers... the leather/Kevlar ones are nice too.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #36
JeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
JeremyGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Gear? janesville
In my pockets? Ummmm gerber fire knife thing, Klien lineman pliers, webbing, volt tester.
Where do I ride? Not sure what that means
Old 09-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #37
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
i tell all you fucks where to go
You fucks just park your cars in the way; park far away from the incident and direct traffic with your little whistles.

I only kid... But seriously.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #38
Drew1287 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Drew
Drew1287's Tacoma Gallery
I work for a paid department in Baton Rouge La. Eight engine companies, three ladder companies and one heavy rescue. We run all 2007+ Ferrara inferno rigs and wear Fire Dex turnouts. Pretty strict on what we carry due to everything we use has to be department issue.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #39
Aku has a spectacular aura aboutAku has a spectacular aura aboutAku has a spectacular aura about

Firefighter:
Aku's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew1287 View Post
Pretty strict on what we carry due to everything we use has to be department issue.
That kinda blows
Old 09-16-2012, 06:06 AM   #40
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuretacoowner View Post
I am thinking of joining volly or casual here, but I don't think I will have time. I am already going to paramedic school and on the ski patrol. maybe once I am done medic school I will try to get in casual. I was talking to the chief from a neighbouring city, and he said my cities dept has 16 jobs to fill by 2014. My city is the fastest growing in the province and one of the if not the fastest growing city in the maritimes.
can't join volly they only take people with fire school After I am done my paramedic course I plan on going to fire school. I've been suggested that I go through trainingdivision.com.