Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

FF's: My county just laid me(and 81 others) off

Old 04-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
JeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JeanClaude's Tacoma Gallery
FF's: My county just laid me(and 81 others) off

I've been on with DeKalb county here in Georgia for 5 months. Just finished npq ff2 testing this week(made it) and now all 82 recruits are being laid off due to county budget cuts.

So tired of this. We were given a 2 week notice a week ago and then told this Monday we would not be laid off...now a few days later the cuts are back on and all of the recruits are gone next Friday.

I guess it's nice that I received training and got paid for it. But I was looking forward to starting EMT school and being a fire fighter on shift in 5 more months.

Urgh....
Old 04-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
"The Emblem of a Free Man is a Gun"
Ccwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Chris
Ccwahoo's Tacoma Gallery
man that sucks, sorry to hear
Old 04-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
they been doing that in jersey for years man..shits getting bad, quick.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #5
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
good luck brothers. hope as many of you can keep your jobs or at least get them back fairly soon.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #6
jackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: Goddamned Paratrooper
Name: Mike
jackwithcorona's Tacoma Gallery
yeah that truly sucks, on the upside at least you got you 1-2 cert. if thats what you have in georgia
Old 04-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #7
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear that. I heard about that on WSB the other morning. I'm sure that's frustrating.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear that. There are FF's being laid off in all other places too. Us here will probably be taking a pay cut here in the next few months but no one will be laid off, hopefully.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #10
Abron Cabron
NewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/Paramedic; Ski Patrol; River Guide
Name: Abraham
NewMexiTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Sorry to hear that. There are FF's being laid off in all other places too. Us here will probably be taking a pay cut here in the next few months but no one will be laid off, hopefully.
x2 That is terrible. but at least you got good training to take elsewhere. if you can still fund getting your EMT it will definitely help. that experience is a leg up for testing/interviewing/and surviving an academy. (although F that!!! I feel for ya. I would NOT care to repeat any of that. on the bright side you'll be a lot stronger..etc..)

good luck to you!!