Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Becoming a LEO...?

Old 04-15-2011, 02:15 AM   #1
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Becoming a LEO...?

So, I have thought about this for a long time, and since I am sick of IT (Networking), I am thinking even more seriously about becoming a police officer. This isn't something I am doing for the pay, but I think I would enjoy the lifestyle, I already have worked 3rd shift for most of my life, and handle stress well.

I have read all the other threads of advice on here, and I also know the economy is pretty bad right now and there are tons of budget cuts going around.

So, does somebody that is 30 (almost 31) years old, in decent physical shape (I am sure I could pass the physical tests), little college, but military experience (3 years active air force, 3 years ANG) have much of a chance of getting in? I know I would be up against college grads that are younger than I am.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) & Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
I'm wondering the same thing.

I have 5 years military background and have a year left until my degree is finished.

I'm 28 and pretty sure I can handle the physical requirements.

Any LEO input?
Old 05-26-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
It's all gonna depend on the dept really

Yall prob wouldnt have a problem over here
Old 06-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #4
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
its not about what you know, its about who you know in this field guys... good luck.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
krumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jon
krumble's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
its not about what you know, its about who you know in this field guys... good luck.

X2
OP-with your background if and when they start hiring again you should have no issues what so ever getting in. They like having people with military backgrounds.