Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Any Border Patrol Agents on here?

Old 04-19-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
Blaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
Blaktak's Tacoma Gallery
Any Border Patrol Agents on here?

Hey Guys,

I have some questions regarding my Backgrounds, and Physicals and could use some help with someone with experience...

Is there anyone working or going through the hiring process as well who might be able to help would be much appreciated.

(I'm basically looking for members I could pm to answer some questions)
Old 05-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #2
TWLTRD11 is on a distinguished road

TWLTRD11's Tacoma Gallery
Have you taken the test yet? USAJobs.gov is a good place to watch for them. I have passed the test already so just waiting for a call. I know they sent an email out a couple weeks ago asking for those that passed if they wanted to move their location selection to a couple places in TX, AZ, and CA.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
Blaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Blaktak's Tacoma Gallery
I took the test in October... I did the oral board interview, medicals, the first set of physicals and am going through the Backgrounds. How long ago did you take the test?
Old 05-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #4
11B4X4 is on a distinguished road

Army: GRUNT
11B4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Same here. took the written test oct 2010. just waiting for my backround check to finish. only things i have left are polygraph (if they do it) and drug test. what a long process. i figure as long as i make it through the poly i should be set...

What questions do yo have BlakTak???
Old 05-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #5

I took the test in December of last year. I haven't made it as far you all have with the review boards and such. I applied for a Federal Career Intern program though, so I am guessing that is going to be a little different. It offered a bunch of locations all over the US as well.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:32 PM   #6
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Al I can say is have patience guys.... It took me 9months and 2 weeks from day 1 of applying to setting foot at the academy. Its pretty unpredictable when they send interns off to the academy nowadays. I just happened to apply when they were having the last "real" mass hire. Background check obviously is the longest part to the whole process.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #7

Where are you currently working? Any advice?
Old 05-07-2011, 02:01 AM   #8
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
I'm from AZ and I'm working in AZ. I dont know much about other sectors (CA and TX), but i know AZ has the most agents and they will likely hire you faster if thats where you apply to. Tucson Sector and its 8 stations have the most of everything, so if you're looking to see some action, it's the place to go.
If you need any more specific advice just PM me, and I'll try to answer you to the best of my ability
Old 05-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #9
Blaktak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11B4X4 View Post
Same here. took the written test oct 2010. just waiting for my backround check to finish. only things i have left are polygraph (if they do it) and drug test. what a long process. i figure as long as i make it through the poly i should be set...

What questions do yo have BlakTak???

I was just trying to find someone to pm some personal questions...

Thanks for the feed back! Ive been waiting around as well, and just finished my e-QIP... I hope I filled it out correctly!
Old 05-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #10

11B4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaktak View Post
I was just trying to find someone to pm some personal questions...

Thanks for the feed back! Ive been waiting around as well, and just finished my e-QIP... I hope I filled it out correctly!

I had to do my e-qip twice. i did it back in february 2011. then i got an email this month saying i had to re due it because there getitng rid of the paper system and needs all required docs to be submitted online. for some reason tht required the hole thing to get redone.

only 2 check marks left on cass
Old 05-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #11
Blaktak's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that sucks... I'll make sure to print out a copy. By the looks of it you and I are in the same boat!
Old 05-20-2011, 06:02 PM   #12

11B4X4's Tacoma Gallery
another week gone by and nothing new...they just love taking there sweet ass time
Old 02-24-2012, 01:15 AM   #13
Blaktak's Tacoma Gallery
I recently finished up with the background investigator in September and got an email last week stating it could take up to 12 months to process! How is everything going for you 11B4X4 ?
Old 02-24-2012, 01:19 AM   #14
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Jesus, I thought sunflower had started another thread. Hey OP good luck with your test's, hiring, whatever it is that you have or are trying to do.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:06 AM   #16
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Had I properly submitted the medical paperwork back in Nov 2011, I'd be at the academy right now...

Sent the darned fax face up, when it was face down and found out to late why I had been DQF! That stung, I would've taken the pay cut to join the BP!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #17
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
ronman737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaktak View Post
I recently finished up with the background investigator in September and got an email last week stating it could take up to 12 months to process! How is everything going for you 11B4X4 ?
How did the background process go? I just got a NOPA and i have to respond within a few days. I did something similar to this as soon as I applied. This is just to get to my background check.