Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Anyone in the greens industry....

Old 04-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Corporal MACS-2
Name: Ben
bwood_usmc's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone in the greens industry....

And no not that type of "green".... Just curious if there is anyone on TW that is in the turfgrass industry. Im currently one year into my bachelors degree in Golf Course Management and it would be cool if I had some contacts through TW if I ever had any questions!!
Old 04-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Kind of a cool and interesting career choice there.

I know this guy was involved in both types of "green" industry...

Old 04-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Im considering going into this field next fall, im planning to go to Horry Georgetown Tech.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainEarth View Post
Kind of a cool and interesting career choice there.

I know this guy was involved in both types of "green" industry...

Lol thats for sure!!
I think that I will really like it. I enjoy being outdoors and could never work in a cubicle. The horticulture behind this type of career really does apply to myself also. Either way I think its fun so far!
Old 04-21-2011, 04:42 PM   #5
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
Im considering going into this field next fall, im planning to go to Horry Georgetown Tech.

Where is that located at? Mrytle Beach area?
Old 04-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #6
fj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of light
Army: 63T H8 Mechanic
Name: Howard
fj6high's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! I work in the Green industry and would more than be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have...e-mails & pm's will be to slow on my part to answer by these means...Pm me your name and number and the question or concern you may have...I currently hold all liscense in ISA Arborculture...Commercial L&O spray FNGA,EPPC, most everything...
Old 04-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #7
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwood_usmc View Post
Where is that located at? Mrytle Beach area?
Yeah
Old 04-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #8
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
Yeah
Thats what I thought but I couldnt remember exactly
Old 04-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #9
tanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Tanner
tanzak88's Tacoma Gallery
My brother just graduated from Penn States turfgrass program... Having a rough time finding a course to work at, even though he was the top student in the nation....
Old 04-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #10
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzak88 View Post
My brother just graduated from Penn States turfgrass program... Having a rough time finding a course to work at, even though he was the top student in the nation....
From what I understand Penn state has a top of the line turf program... Ive been looking around the southeast and the job market down here is not to bad actually. The course that I am doing my internship at the summer is looking for several greenskeepers and an assistant superintendent.....