Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

anyone on here work on a drilling rig or work in the oilfeild?

Old 12-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #22
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Sort off... Oil and Gas Auditor, U.S. Department Of Interior...
Old 02-02-2012, 03:43 AM   #23
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by novanut21 View Post
The northeast is booming right now WV & PA and soon to be OH.
why is that
Old 02-02-2012, 05:01 AM   #24
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
novanut21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
why is that
utica,lower huron,marcellus shale. They are just now starting to access the utica shale over in ohio. They hope that it will produce oil.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #25
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by novanut21 View Post
utica,lower huron,marcellus shale. They are just now starting to access the utica shale over in ohio. They hope that it will produce oil.
Yeah everyone is hoping for oil in all their plays nowadays. Natural gas prices are going to stay low for a while....$2.40/MMCF this morning
Old 02-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #26
Tacomatrd2010 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jimmy
Tacomatrd2010's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Yeah everyone is hoping for oil in all their plays nowadays. Natural gas prices are going to stay low for a while....$2.40/MMCF this morning
this is no good.. i wish it would pick up around here so i didnt have to be gone from home all the time
Old 02-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #27
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomatrd2010 View Post
this is no good.. i wish it would pick up around here so i didnt have to be gone from home all the time
Most predictions are that natural gas won't be much above $3-4 for the next 4 years or so, when the new restrictions on coal plants kick in.

Is there any Niobrara shale oil activity around you?
Old 02-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #28
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
novanut21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Yeah I've been watching the gas prices. They just closed down the nitrogen part of are yard yesterday and closed another yard in KY and VA due too the low natural gas prices and that the company that they did all there work for pulled the plug on there whole operation in va & ky due to the gas prices being so low and not making enough profit.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #29
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
I worked off shores for a contractor. 24/7 on call. It SUCKED. But the pay was good and all the guys out there are pretty cool. Good food. But not knowing if you're leaving the next day or not sucked.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #31
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
I hate to say it, but williston nd is the booming place right now, I just couldn't deal with traveling back and forth with a fam at home anymore. Just make sure you go to work for someone that provides a place to live. Nabors and h&p arent the only ones up there, anyone under the sun with a drill rig is up there.

I do wireline, specializing in pipe recovery.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #32
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btnewman View Post
I hate to say it, but williston nd is the booming place right now, I just couldn't deal with traveling back and forth with a fam at home anymore. Just make sure you go to work for someone that provides a place to live. Nabors and h&p arent the only ones up there, anyone under the sun with a drill rig is up there.

I do wireline, specializing in pipe recovery.
Yep, the Williston Basin (nd) and Permian Basin (west tx) are the big boom places now. Unemployment is about 2%.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:12 AM   #33
Señorita Member
bethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
bethes's Tacoma Gallery
Oh hey. Just saw this thread. Hooray!

I do mudlogging and geosteering on location in ND.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:24 AM   #34
skep48 is on a distinguished road
skep48's Tacoma Gallery
I went international on a rotation. It sucks being gone for 4 weeks but great when I get back for 4. The money is better as well.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #35
Taco207 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Reserve
Taco207's Tacoma Gallery
Deepwater drilling in Turkey.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #36
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
So is the oil field really anything like Black Gold (show)?
Old 03-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #37
Señorita Member
bethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
bethes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
So is the oil field really anything like Black Gold (show)?
No. It's much less dramatic and no one cares what's happening on nearby rigs.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #38
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethes View Post
No.
Thought so. "true" TV my ass...
Old 03-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #39
bam is one of the sharper tools in the shedbam is one of the sharper tools in the shedbam is one of the sharper tools in the shedbam is one of the sharper tools in the shedbam is one of the sharper tools in the shedbam is one of the sharper tools in the shedbam is one of the sharper tools in the shedbam is one of the sharper tools in the shedbam is one of the sharper tools in the shedbam is one of the sharper tools in the shedbam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: brad
bam's Tacoma Gallery
alberta canada balls to the wall
Old 03-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #40
dpalmer619 is a splendid one to beholddpalmer619 is a splendid one to beholddpalmer619 is a splendid one to beholddpalmer619 is a splendid one to beholddpalmer619 is a splendid one to beholddpalmer619 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Derek
dpalmer619's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam View Post
alberta canada balls to the wall
are you working there?! my buddies dad has been telling me and his kid to go try and get jobs up there because there is so much work