Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

anyone on here work on a drilling rig or work in the oilfeild?

Old 03-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #41
dcclark09 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chance
dcclark09's Tacoma Gallery
i work for the cementing department at halliburton in east tx and its slowed down alot here. all the rigs are going to west and south tx
Old 03-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #42
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
The show "black gold" is ass backwards from real oil field. Crying shame.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:34 PM   #43
Señorita Member
bethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
bethes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Thought so. "true" TV my ass...
I read somewhere that the average reality show leaves 99.98% of their footage on the cutting room floor. It can't be that hard to make you or your job look cool or interesting 0.02% of the time.

Little things happen sometimes, like I've worked on rigs where a roughneck lost a finger. And bigger things, like last week I guess a rig around here somewhere had a roughneck basically beheaded by some equipment. One of the rigs I used to work on burned to the ground last fall, but it was after I had gone to another rig. Of course you don't want that stuff to happen.

But that stuff is rare, thankfully. I don't ever want to hear the horn sound for a rig evacuation. Most of the time it's about as routine as any other job.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #44
Are you Recreationally Insane?
mr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brant Luckow
mr.trd's Tacoma Gallery
What part of ND are you in? I grew up in Grassy Butte, and have family from Dickinson to Minot, to Williston to Bismarck. LOL What a place, so big, yet so small.. or it was before all the people showed up..LOL
Old 05-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #45
Señorita Member
bethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bethes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.trd View Post
What part of ND are you in? I grew up in Grassy Butte, and have family from Dickinson to Minot, to Williston to Bismarck. LOL What a place, so big, yet so small.. or it was before all the people showed up..LOL
I live in Bismarck, but work has me just about everywhere else about half the time. Right now I'm on a rig by Killdeer. Last rig was only a few miles outside of Grassy Butte. And the one before that was in a godforsaken twilight zone of no phone service and nothing resembling civilization for 10 miles down dirt roads. So... obviously, that was near Mandaree.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #46
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Happen to watch a recent episode of black gold ?
Old 05-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #47
Señorita Member

bethes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Happen to watch a recent episode of black gold ?
Don't watch it, see above comments.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #48
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah not you meant op . LOL
Old 05-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #49
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I work for a gold exploration drilling outfit here. Were always hiring like crazy.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #50
Señorita Member

bethes's Tacoma Gallery
-
Old 05-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #51
Señorita Member

bethes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
I work for a gold exploration drilling outfit here. Were always hiring like crazy. Most people can't hack it, so turnover is pretty high.
My only knowledge of gold exploration is from that show on I think Discovery about Alaskan gold prospectors. LOL guessing it's about as "real" as Black Gold is about the oil fields.

The only reason I'm on this rig is because one of our new guys couldn't hack it, he walked off the rig in the middle of his shift. Don't think for a second I didn't let him know a girl took his place

Geologist is one of the easier jobs on a rig. Being a derrick hand looks like my personal version of hell. That's a long way down!!
Old 05-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #52
Tacomatrd2010 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jimmy
Tacomatrd2010's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
I work for a gold exploration drilling outfit here. Were always hiring like crazy.
pay pretty good?
Old 05-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #53
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Dude on here was saying he makes 250K a year running an oil rig.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #54

iv watched black gold a few times and its pretty funny... they do exaggerate a bit on sum things but iv worked on sum rigs back in 05-08 where all kinds of crazy shit happend.. fingers gone, a guy got cruched rite next to me and died later on in the hospital.. and as far as the partying and drugs & being up all night all the time! but on black gold they only work 8 hour shifts(pussys) and drill with water... funny tho, i like watching tho rednecks get hurt for the camera man
Old 05-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Dude on here was saying he makes 250K a year running an oil rig.
if hes the company man then ya he probly dose. i know a few guys that make that being directional drillers but they in no means "run the rig"..
Old 05-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
cool pic man, thats not an H&P rig is it? looks like nabors AC rig..?
Old 05-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Most predictions are that natural gas won't be much above $3-4 for the next 4 years or so, when the new restrictions on coal plants kick in.

Is there any Niobrara shale oil activity around you?
ya up in northern co i know they are doing sum drilling niobrara formation
Old 05-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #58

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethes View Post
Oh hey. Just saw this thread. Hooray!

I do mudlogging and geosteering on location in ND.
i want your job
Old 05-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #59
ACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Adam
ACBWV91's Tacoma Gallery
Well since the thread is already here..
Im also in search of/cant find a job in the oil and natural gas industry... Im only looking for a summer internship type of thing and i have applied all over WV and nobody seems to want to talk to me. I feel like if you dont know someone in the company that you wont get in. That part sucks. Im in my third year in the geology program at WVU and was hoping to be in the industry by now...
Old 05-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #60
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomatrd2010 View Post
if hes the company man then ya he probly dose. i know a few guys that make that being directional drillers but they in no means "run the rig"..
I don't remember what exactly he did I just assumed he ran the show.