LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

anyone on here work on a drilling rig or work in the oilfeild?

Old 11-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #81
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Got offered the job today. It actually sounds like a pretty sweet gig. Full benefits, company truck, tools ect....Im glad to crack into the industry.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #82
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:17 AM   #83
Señorita Member
bethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
bethes's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats!

LOL I was told not to say in the field (for wellsite geology) for more than a year. I just hit 2 years and I'm finally getting into an office job. It's not a bad life though. Kinda crazy sometimes, you do anything at any hour, but it's not so bad once you're used to it. Good luck!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:44 AM   #84
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethes View Post
Congrats!

LOL I was told not to say in the field (for wellsite geology) for more than a year. I just hit 2 years and I'm finally getting into an office job. It's not a bad life though. Kinda crazy sometimes, you do anything at any hour, but it's not so bad once you're used to it. Good luck!
It's a field/office job so it will be a good mix. Basically a sales tech. My last job was a PM for commercial construction. Sitting on your ass gets really old fast.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #86
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
It's a field/office job so it will be a good mix. Basically a sales tech. My last job was a PM for commercial construction. Sitting on your ass gets really old fast.
That's awesome man.....how often are you going to be on the road?

Decent starting pay in the oil industry? 6 figures?
Old 12-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #87

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys!

Its an ok base, but I get a bonus. $80k min. Most of the work is in CO, so just day trips. But I will be going to ND and WY for a night here and there. Full benefits, company truck ect...Im pretty happy. Just waiting to take a piss test and a green light from HR.

The thing is, I only have this due to walking my dog one morning in my apt complex and a guy had a motorcycle in the bed of his truck, the bike fell and he had noone to help him get back in his lift. I helped him out and we were bsing and told him I was lookin to get into oil, he had been in for 25 yrs and told me to give him my resume and he would see what he could do. He gave me a call a month later and said he knew a guy lookin for help. That's how you network!
Old 12-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #88
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks guys!

Its an ok base, but I get a bonus. $80k min. Most of the work is in CO, so just day trips. But I will be going to ND and WY for a night here and there. Full benefits, company truck ect...Im pretty happy. Just waiting to take a piss test and a green light from HR.

The thing is, I only have this due to walking my dog one morning in my apt complex and a guy had a motorcycle in the bed of his truck, the bike fell and he had noone to help him get back in his lift. I helped him out and we were bsing and told him I was lookin to get into oil, he had been in for 25 yrs and told me to give him my resume and he would see what he could do. He gave me a call a month later and said he knew a guy lookin for help. That's how you network!
That sounds awesome. And you never had any experience in the oil biz?
Old 12-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #89

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bash42 View Post
That sounds awesome. And you never had any experience in the oil biz?
nope. A few months ago a pipeline company hired me to be a pm on pipeline construction. It was a sweet gig, but the company kept pushing my start date back and eventually bailed on me. Never heard from them. But anyway, I had no experience which aparantly is critical. So this is my entry level job. But with the rate the US is producing oil and what is going on in the mid east, I think its a great industry to get into.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #90
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nope. A few months ago a pipeline company hired me to be a pm on pipeline construction. It was a sweet gig, but the company kept pushing my start date back and eventually bailed on me. Never heard from them. But anyway, I had no experience which aparantly is critical. So this is my entry level job. But with the rate the US is producing oil and what is going on in the mid east, I think its a great industry to get into.
I agree 100% and there is obviously big money in it if they are paying $80k for entry level!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #91

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bash42 View Post
I agree 100% and there is obviously big money in it if they are paying $80k for entry level!
There's def money to be made, but it can be difficult to get into. Every position i found wants atleast a yr experience. Im really excited where this can take me. I was a poli sci major. I had a focus on international relations, everything comes back to oil.

Gonna have to sell the Tacoma now. No need for 2 trucks.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #92
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There's def money to be made, but it can be difficult to get into. Every position i found wants atleast a yr experience. Im really excited where this can take me. I was a poli sci major. I had a focus on international relations, everything comes back to oil.

Most folks I know who have a company truck still keep their personal truck. What are the company's rules on personal use? Can you take a couple hour trip to see friends or family with the company truck? Also, most companies I know of have a strict policy of no drinking and then driving a company truck, meaning not even a single beer.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #93
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Keep the taco what happens if they take the company truck back?
Old 12-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #94

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Keep the taco what happens if they take the company truck back?
Doubt they will, but I dont need 3 vehicles, let alone 2 really at this point. Im gonna give it a few months probaly not til Feb or march. I could use the cash too, its paid off.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #95
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yea that's the tough part, but looks like you lucked out. I hope it works out well for you and the family!
Old 02-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #96
MIAtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
i would kill to get back in the oil and gas industry. i worked at baker hughes inc for 6 weeks then they layed off almost 3700 people. ive put in well over 100 apps since but still nothing other than baker hughes calling me for an interview in houston on my dime then not calling me back or answering my calls. too bad im recovering from acl surgery, if anyones knows if there will be jobs in the next few months i will relocate if i have to. pm me please
Old 02-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #97
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAtaco View Post
i would kill to get back in the oil and gas industry. i worked at baker hughes inc for 6 weeks then they layed off almost 3700 people. ive put in well over 100 apps since but still nothing other than baker hughes calling me for an interview in houston on my dime then not calling me back or answering my calls. too bad im recovering from acl surgery, if anyones knows if there will be jobs in the next few months i will relocate if i have to. pm me please
North Dakota and South Texas. That's where all the jobs are right now.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #98
top flight security
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
anyone got the hookup? im young and ready to just work work work and save save save.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:11 AM   #99
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
North Dakota and South Texas. That's where all the jobs are right now.
Know any company names? With the sequester up in the air right now all the .mil contracts are looking kinda sketchy.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #100
kckrawford is on a distinguished road
Name: Casey
kckrawford's Tacoma Gallery
Just ran across this thread. I've been in the oil/gas industry since 2004 (started at 18). I'm currently directional drilling in North Dakota on a rig north of Watford City. It's an up and down industry, feast or famine, but it's for me.