Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

New Job (a gearhead's dream job)

Old 05-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
BackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to behold
Name: Adam
BackwoodsBoy's Tacoma Gallery
New Job (a gearhead's dream job)

Just got a job working for NAPA auto parts... that means i'll be getting all my auto parts for cheap. I got a price on a dynomax superturbo muffler.. like $85 for a customer and $59 for employees

anyone else have a similar job
Old 05-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
i used to work for advance auto parts. they pay didn't make up for the discount. good college job, but couldnt make a living there.

i see you're in the pittsburgh area, which napa you work at so i can bug you for discounts? lol
Old 05-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #3
BackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
i used to work for advance auto parts. they pay didn't make up for the discount. good college job, but couldnt make a living there.

i see you're in the pittsburgh area, which napa you work at so i can bug you for discounts? lol
Its just a second job for now... i'm going to abuse the discount for a while and move on haha

I work at the store in greensburgh but i'm not working the counter, i'm in the back working
Old 05-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
I dont have a similar job but a close friends dad used to work at a bfg store, my buddie drove a mustang at the time and burnt thru tires quickly do to the discount lol. BTW I have the dynomax muffler and wouldnt recommend it. Sounds beefy on video but ricey in person.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:35 AM   #5
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackwoodsBoy View Post
Its just a second job for now... i'm going to abuse the discount for a while and move on haha

I work at the store in greensburgh but i'm not working the counter, i'm in the back working
you mean the huge one they recently built in south greensburg?
Old 05-05-2011, 06:11 AM   #6
Quote:
you mean the huge one they recently built in south greensburg?
Yeah.. the one on 119 right across from hoss's
Old 05-05-2011, 06:15 AM   #7
yeah i've been in there quite a few times. that place is freakin huge.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:21 AM   #8
Jeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant futureJeff3004x4 has a brilliant future
Name: Jeff
Jeff3004x4's Tacoma Gallery
I have worked at a NAPA store for 4 years. As stated, It is a great college job, however, now that I'm almost finished with my MBA, I need to find something else. I can't live off of the money I make.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #9
Quote:
yeah i've been in there quite a few times. that place is freakin huge.
They use it as a distribution center and when you consider that, it's not that big. I've worked at the Dicks sports DC in smithton and UPS new Stanton and they're massive in comparison
Old 05-05-2011, 09:59 AM   #10
Quote:
They use it as a distribution center and when you consider that, it's not that big. I've worked at the Dicks sports DC in smithton and UPS new Stanton and they're massive in comparison
true true, when you compare it to the other auto parts stores in the areas its impressive haha.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #11
Quote:
true true, when you compare it to the other auto parts stores in the areas its impressive haha.
yeah... the one in scottdale is pretty big too so is the advanced in Mount Pleasant
Old 05-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
I dont have a similar job but a close friends dad used to work at a bfg store, my buddie drove a mustang at the time and burnt thru tires quickly do to the discount lol. BTW I have the dynomax muffler and wouldnt recommend it. Sounds beefy on video but ricey in person.
Really? you don't like the dynomax?
Old 05-05-2011, 08:29 PM   #13
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Really? you don't like the dynomax?
Not at all, regret buying it. Will be replacing it with a flowmaster. Just havnt had the time... more like its not on my priority list. I just keep the windows up and music up. Its just to ricey. The video clips made it sound deep and raspy... my brother says my truck sounds like a crx
Old 05-05-2011, 08:37 PM   #14
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
I work in service at a local Toyota dealership. I'm a flat-rate tech there. Only good benefits are:

free use of lifts
alignment rack
tire machine
wheel balancer
brake lathe
fluid exchange machines
"free" motor oil and gear oil
"free" oil filters
10% over cost on accessories
EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT ON MY 2011 TACO, currently a lease with many mods
Old 05-05-2011, 08:48 PM   #15
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
which dynomax do you have? My super turbo is just barely louder than stock, and I mean barely.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #16
Street glide or die

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
which dynomax do you have? My super turbo is just barely louder than stock, and I mean barely.
super turbo as well, I regret changing it. Shoulda stuck with the brand I know. My super turbo is dumped before the axle.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #17
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
super turbo as well, I regret changing it. Shoulda stuck with the brand I know. My super turbo is dumped before the axle.
huh, weird. Mine is dumped right over the axle. Maybe it just sounds bad on the 4.0?
Old 05-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #18
Street glide or die

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
huh, weird. Mine is dumped right over the axle. Maybe it just sounds bad on the 4.0?
possibly sorry to shit on your thread adam just wanna save you from buying something you might also hate.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #19
Quote:
possibly sorry to shit on your thread adam just wanna save you from buying something you might also hate.
Oh its no problem... i was going with a dynomax cause i can get it on the cheap but i'll just pony up the cash and go flowmaster.... i might jus throw a glasspack on for a few weeks jus for a new sound and cause it'll be so cheap i can always change it later
Old 05-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #20
Street glide or die

Quote:
Oh its no problem... i was going with a dynomax cause i can get it on the cheap but i'll just pony up the cash and go flowmaster.... i might jus throw a glasspack on for a few weeks jus for a new sound and cause it'll be so cheap i can always change it later
Just lookin out for you. Its hard to make these trucks sound good (or maybe im just dumb) But my dakota (318) was a diff ball game. Started with flows then glass packs then strait pipes with no cats. When I got the tacoma I loved that it was quite, then I got the super turbo now I definetly need a flowmaster. My buddy has glasspacks on his i5 canyon and we sound about the same. Super ricey. LMK what route you go.