1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rant: Just venting

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by CorrosiveTendency, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 26, 2011 at 9:06 AM
    CorrosiveTendency

CorrosiveTendency [OP] When up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan S.
    Schuylkill Co, Pa
    Vehicle:
    05' DblCab SB Speedway Blue
    OME 885's, Locker Mod. Bilstein 5100's on 4 corners
    So today was the much anticipated yearly profit sharing bonus day at work, based on 120 hours of average wages. It should come to a pre-tax amount of a few thousand dollars. I have been looking forward to this, and today I check my account and it comes out to a lousy $392??!!!!????? 392 dollars? Are you f-ing kidding me? That comes to $3.62 per hour. You're welcome, super-million dollar profit, un-named battery manufacturing company, for all the hard work and sweat I pour into you 6 days a week and some holidays. You cheap, ^%$$#$^#%$^&*(($^&*^&&^@#$!#$&!!!! I can tell you one thing, I will not be working nearly as hard tonight. You only get out, what you put in, hahahaha what a crock of horse sh#t. OK, I feel minutely better. Sorry for wasting your time.

2. May 26, 2011 at 9:09 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    Most companies suck.they don't give a shit about the employees.there are a shit load of unemployed people willing to take your job for less money and companies know that. Im so glad i don't really work for anyone anymore.it sucks dude but remember you have a job and don't give them 120% anymore.

3. May 26, 2011 at 9:10 AM
    rcbs204

rcbs204 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Yeah that sucks, but i have learned to never count on profit sharing, it will always let you down.

4. May 26, 2011 at 9:11 AM
    Lost_Humanity

Lost_Humanity Bad decisions make great stories.

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    No worries, dude.

I work at a place where the only thing that counts for our bonuses is how many people walk through the gates -- something completely out of my control.

I routinely work 14 hours days and weekends, and since I am salaried, I get nothing extra for it. I had the nerve to ask for a raise two months ago. Nothing.

I have no incentive to work harder than what I need to in order to keep my job. No upward mobility at all.

I'm sure the shareholders are happy about your bonus, though...

5. May 26, 2011 at 9:23 AM
    WNYTACOMA

WNYTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarence, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Metalic Grey TRD OFF ROAD
    Toyota Nerf steps Bugflector 2 Tool box Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole F/R - Bk/Char
    Welcome to the so called middle class. This has been the 're-distribution of wealth' going on for many years that no one not brainwashed by the talk show idiots wants to talk about...

Look at the 'bright' side, at least the big shots likely got a nice bump from your efforts...

6. May 26, 2011 at 9:25 AM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    at least you have a job

7. May 26, 2011 at 9:26 AM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    I know mine's not as bad but I work in a retail store making almost minimum wage while going to school. After working there just shy of one year, they finally gave me a 13.75 cent raise:rolleyes:. They couldn't even round it up to 14 cents?!?!?

8. May 26, 2011 at 9:28 AM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    For real. :( $392 is a gift in my eyes.

9. May 26, 2011 at 9:39 AM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    The bigger the company, the less they care about you. When I worked for a mom and pop shop I could count on bonuses over $1000 every year. Now, working for bigger companies I get a generic birthday card every year. :(

10. May 26, 2011 at 9:46 AM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Sorry about the lousy bonus, but there are plenty of folks who would be happy just to have a job to go to. I've always looked at a bonus as just that, something the company is not required to give you. That $392 is a lot better than nothing. Right now, the employers hold all the cards. One thing I've learned over the years is this; going to work with a chip on your shoulder is about the best way to get yourself fired.

11. May 26, 2011 at 9:49 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    sorry about that, but then again, profit sharing is just that: PROFIT sharing. Your company prolly had shitty profit, thus, not much to be shared? :notsure:

12. May 26, 2011 at 9:49 AM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    When I was working they had a bonus incentive for us managers. They raised that carrot every year to an unachievable height. Only a few out of 18 in my district ever hit goal-I only hit it twice in 10 years. That is by design. They squeeze more out of a caring type like yourself that way. Key employees who care about what they do are leaned upon by corporate in order to make up for the slackers they carry. You probably know that already. That phony incentive shit only adds insult.

13. May 26, 2011 at 9:57 AM
    fajitas21

fajitas21 XMF - Extreme Mexican Food fo Life!

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Collierville, TN
    Vehicle:
    4Runnerzzz
    Originally not Expo AF! Kinda Expo AF now...lame.
    I work for a small company (10 of us including owner) in an IT field, and we contract to a large hospital. It's odd cause I literally work at both places in a sense, I report to my boss at my company at to the boss at the hospital.

The difference is literally night and day, and I'm fortunate that I have a great boss. Our christmas bonuses were $500 last year, down from $1000 the year before, but it was cause my boss said it was slow. It in fact, was slow. He felt really bad he couldn't give us more, I could tell it bothered him.

That's what I didn't see at the big companies I worked for. It wasn't the fact they gave you less, it's that they give an air of uncaring towards it. I was completely ok with the smaller bonus because it wasn't to pay for an executive's bonus, it was cause we simply didn't have it to give, and he took out a loan from the bank to give us that much.

Later, the hospital attempted to hire me on at $10 / hr more than I was making. I turned them down. It's not always about the money if your'e not happy.

14. May 26, 2011 at 10:42 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    yeah I'd imagine that's a disappointment.
    Unfortunately that is the sign of the times.
    I'm just happy to wake up every morning & have a job.
    Thats after retiring from the military.

15. May 26, 2011 at 11:33 AM
    skytower

skytower Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Hitch and wiring, aux back-up light, rear strobe lights, radio and underseat sub.
    I worked at a medium sized tug boat company. Over the three years I worked there, I watched the "perks" disappear. I also watched my overtime disappear as well as the extra work on the boats go away. Then, I got cut to 30 hrs a week for six months. They tried to get 40hrs worth of work out of us. The general attitude from them was, "be grateful we didn't fire you". Hmm... watch my work ethic disappear too:)

I got the hell out of there and now work for the goobermint making $6hr more with better benefits. I had to move, but it was well worth it!

If you don't like your circumstances, only you can change them. Make all the excuses you like, but it is still your own damn fault if you keep on taking crap from the people you work for!

16. May 30, 2011 at 6:45 PM
    CorrosiveTendency

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan S.
    Schuylkill Co, Pa
    Vehicle:
    I appreciate all the responses. There are many valid points, but.... I am talking about a company that turns high profits, even today. Lead/acid batteries. IE: car, industrial, military. I understand it's good to have a regular job today that pays decent and offers health insurance, I DO. My family and I have been through some rough years before I landed this and have felt some serious pain. I was on my last week of unemployment comp. Worked hard since I was 16, have a college degree in the field I love, but just doesn't pay. Things are definately better now, but this still SUCKS A$$! Glad it's only a 4 day work week. Another weekend to spend with the family and friends is rapidly approaching.

17. May 30, 2011 at 6:51 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I work lots of hours too...and no matter what-I will never get bonuses where I work. If you feel you are getting shorted for the amount of time/work you put in-Talk to the boss...Don'tt be upset that you didn't get more bonus.

18. May 30, 2011 at 6:52 PM
    CorrosiveTendency

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan S.
    Schuylkill Co, Pa
    Vehicle:
    yeah my wife just got a raise of 12.35 cents or something. It's actually comical how some pencil pusher can break even a cent down further. So much for rounding...

19. May 30, 2011 at 6:55 PM
    CorrosiveTendency

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan S.
    Schuylkill Co, Pa
    Vehicle:
    I can't respond to all the posts, Sorry. We all have bad days. I feel better with a weekend in the woods on the bike and 4wheeler, shooting steel and drinking beer. On a lighter note, to anyone searching for a job, just keep at it. Stay off welfare.

20. May 30, 2011 at 7:02 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    dont feel bad man..Im working a job that pays me just a hair over minumum wage, with no climbing the coperate "ladder" at all, no incentive to work harder, no reason to really show up at all, besides a paycheck. they keep pushing shit on us and not giving us any more money for it. I dont want to hear you crying you didnt get a huge bonus. boo fucking hoo.

Sorry, but when people bitch about getting $400 vs $1,000 it just irritates me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
To Top