Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Rant: Just venting

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
When up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut
CorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan S.
CorrosiveTendency's Tacoma Gallery
Rant: Just venting

So today was the much anticipated yearly profit sharing bonus day at work, based on 120 hours of average wages. It should come to a pre-tax amount of a few thousand dollars. I have been looking forward to this, and today I check my account and it comes out to a lousy $392??!!!!????? 392 dollars? Are you f-ing kidding me? That comes to $3.62 per hour. You're welcome, super-million dollar profit, un-named battery manufacturing company, for all the hard work and sweat I pour into you 6 days a week and some holidays. You cheap, ^%$$#$^#%$^&*(($^&*^&&^@#$!#$&!!!! I can tell you one thing, I will not be working nearly as hard tonight. You only get out, what you put in, hahahaha what a crock of horse sh#t. OK, I feel minutely better. Sorry for wasting your time.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Most companies suck.they don't give a shit about the employees.there are a shit load of unemployed people willing to take your job for less money and companies know that. Im so glad i don't really work for anyone anymore.it sucks dude but remember you have a job and don't give them 120% anymore.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:10 AM   #3
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah that sucks, but i have learned to never count on profit sharing, it will always let you down.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #4
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
No worries, dude.

I work at a place where the only thing that counts for our bonuses is how many people walk through the gates -- something completely out of my control.

I routinely work 14 hours days and weekends, and since I am salaried, I get nothing extra for it. I had the nerve to ask for a raise two months ago. Nothing.

I have no incentive to work harder than what I need to in order to keep my job. No upward mobility at all.

I'm sure the shareholders are happy about your bonus, though...

Old 05-26-2011, 09:23 AM   #5
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the so called middle class. This has been the 're-distribution of wealth' going on for many years that no one not brainwashed by the talk show idiots wants to talk about...

Look at the 'bright' side, at least the big shots likely got a nice bump from your efforts...

Old 05-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I know mine's not as bad but I work in a retail store making almost minimum wage while going to school. After working there just shy of one year, they finally gave me a 13.75 cent raise. They couldn't even round it up to 14 cents?!?!?

Old 05-26-2011, 09:28 AM   #8
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
at least you have a job
For real. $392 is a gift in my eyes.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:39 AM   #9
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
The bigger the company, the less they care about you. When I worked for a mom and pop shop I could count on bonuses over $1000 every year. Now, working for bigger companies I get a generic birthday card every year.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:46 AM   #10
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry about the lousy bonus, but there are plenty of folks who would be happy just to have a job to go to. I've always looked at a bonus as just that, something the company is not required to give you. That $392 is a lot better than nothing. Right now, the employers hold all the cards. One thing I've learned over the years is this; going to work with a chip on your shoulder is about the best way to get yourself fired.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:48 AM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Everyday here man. My boss always tells us how much money we saved the company and blah blah but when I ask for a raise I get nothing. I interviewed for a night warehouse position on Tuesday because I'm sick of the office bs. I would have to give up my office and work my ass off for the warehouse but it pays 28 an hour. Less bs there too.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #12
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
sorry about that, but then again, profit sharing is just that: PROFIT sharing. Your company prolly had shitty profit, thus, not much to be shared?

Old 05-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #13
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
When I was working they had a bonus incentive for us managers. They raised that carrot every year to an unachievable height. Only a few out of 18 in my district ever hit goal-I only hit it twice in 10 years. That is by design. They squeeze more out of a caring type like yourself that way. Key employees who care about what they do are leaned upon by corporate in order to make up for the slackers they carry. You probably know that already. That phony incentive shit only adds insult.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #14
XMF - Extreme Mexican Food fo Life!
fajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud of

Name: Lee
fajitas21's Tacoma Gallery
I work for a small company (10 of us including owner) in an IT field, and we contract to a large hospital. It's odd cause I literally work at both places in a sense, I report to my boss at my company at to the boss at the hospital.

The difference is literally night and day, and I'm fortunate that I have a great boss. Our christmas bonuses were $500 last year, down from $1000 the year before, but it was cause my boss said it was slow. It in fact, was slow. He felt really bad he couldn't give us more, I could tell it bothered him.

That's what I didn't see at the big companies I worked for. It wasn't the fact they gave you less, it's that they give an air of uncaring towards it. I was completely ok with the smaller bonus because it wasn't to pay for an executive's bonus, it was cause we simply didn't have it to give, and he took out a loan from the bank to give us that much.

Later, the hospital attempted to hire me on at $10 / hr more than I was making. I turned them down. It's not always about the money if your'e not happy.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #16
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
yeah I'd imagine that's a disappointment.
Unfortunately that is the sign of the times.
I'm just happy to wake up every morning & have a job.
Thats after retiring from the military.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #17
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
I worked at a medium sized tug boat company. Over the three years I worked there, I watched the "perks" disappear. I also watched my overtime disappear as well as the extra work on the boats go away. Then, I got cut to 30 hrs a week for six months. They tried to get 40hrs worth of work out of us. The general attitude from them was, "be grateful we didn't fire you". Hmm... watch my work ethic disappear too

I got the hell out of there and now work for the goobermint making $6hr more with better benefits. I had to move, but it was well worth it!

If you don't like your circumstances, only you can change them. Make all the excuses you like, but it is still your own damn fault if you keep on taking crap from the people you work for!

Old 05-30-2011, 06:45 PM   #18
CorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I appreciate all the responses. There are many valid points, but.... I am talking about a company that turns high profits, even today. Lead/acid batteries. IE: car, industrial, military. I understand it's good to have a regular job today that pays decent and offers health insurance, I DO. My family and I have been through some rough years before I landed this and have felt some serious pain. I was on my last week of unemployment comp. Worked hard since I was 16, have a college degree in the field I love, but just doesn't pay. Things are definately better now, but this still SUCKS A$$! Glad it's only a 4 day work week. Another weekend to spend with the family and friends is rapidly approaching.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #20

yeah my wife just got a raise of 12.35 cents or something. It's actually comical how some pencil pusher can break even a cent down further. So much for rounding...

Closed Thread