Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Thinking about becoming GM Tech... GCC in Arizona

Old 06-30-2011, 04:22 AM   #1
YoungTacoLover is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
YoungTacoLover's Tacoma Gallery
GM Tech... GCC - Delete

I HAVE TAKEN THE PATH OF A MECHANICAL ENGINEER INSTEAD, thanks for the help though

So i am going to be going to college as soon as i can (finishing highschool soon ) , i just want to make sure that GCC is good enough? Id do the GM ASEP class... Too bad there is no Toyota dealer class... Anyways, if anyone here has graduated or knows some info about it... PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!

Supposably GM Mechanic Techs make about 55k a year.. True? if not... How much on first year?

Mainly i want to know if becoming a GM Tech is a good " first real " solid job? Or should i look into a different career... Maybe Mechanical Engineer?

Thank you sooo much!!
Old 06-30-2011, 04:47 AM   #2
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to spend more time working warranty jobs, work domestic. If not, stay asian.
Engineers usually make more money than techs. Go that route if you'd rather be behind a desk.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
YoungTacoLover is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
YoungTacoLover's Tacoma Gallery
I do NOT want to be behind a desk... Although im sure ill be saying the exact opposite a few years being a Tech haha ... Thanks for your input