Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Wildland Firefighting

Old 06-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
It works if you work it.
fbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant future

Name: Brian
fbconvert's Tacoma Gallery
Wildland Firefighting

I paid for collage during the summer working as a wildland firefighter for the Forest Service in Island Park, ID. Our crew name was Centennial, and we were a 20 man handcrew. I have since graduated and now work as a Mechanical Engineer/Project manager, but I am just wondering if anyone else has chosen a similar career path and maybe has some sweet pictures or videos to share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGQso...yer_detailpage
Old 10-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
thats a cool video man. i plan on going into that carrer
Old 10-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #3
It works if you work it.
fbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant future

Name: Brian
fbconvert's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
thats a cool video man. i plan on going into that carrer
Definitely some exciting times but also a lot of hard work that sometimes will makes you question your sanity. I know the BLM and forest service usually start hiring around January or February so make sure you get you app in early.