1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

this one is for ff's

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by jobrien, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Jul 13, 2011 at 8:38 PM
    jobrien

jobrien [OP] shit happens then you die

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ontario California
    Vehicle:
    2011 single cab base 4x4
    Bed mat, cleats, scangauge, new headlight bulbs, weather techs, more to come
    im kind of looking to fill my pockets in my structure and wildland gear and need some help filling up. Maybe some must haves. I already have some webbing and a few tools thanks

2. Jul 13, 2011 at 8:44 PM
    CanisLupus

CanisLupus Member since 2011

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Stokesdale | NC
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 Honda Civic Hatchback
    A very important piece of equipment would be a personal bailout kit (life safety rope with a load bearing carabiner). I don't carry much in my gear as it does get unsafe the more you put in your pockets (confined spaces/weight). But I carry a bailout kit, a knife, a flashlight, and some webbing. I've found that most of the important stuff you need is already on the rig and the stuff you bring in (or should bring in) is what you need. One good unconventional tool that someone told me about is a couple of golf balls. (If you fall through a floor and you don't know where the nearest wall is for safety, just take a golf ball out and toss it in a direction and listen for the bounces.)

I don't have very much experience but this is my 2¢.

Matt

3. Jul 14, 2011 at 12:08 PM
    jobrien

jobrien [OP] shit happens then you die

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ontario California
    Vehicle:
    2011 single cab base 4x4
    Bed mat, cleats, scangauge, new headlight bulbs, weather techs, more to come
    what do the bounces tell you?

4. Jul 15, 2011 at 6:00 PM
    CanisLupus

CanisLupus Member since 2011

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Stokesdale | NC
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 Honda Civic Hatchback
    Well basically, it helps you let you know the closest wall to your position which will help you both get the orientation of the room and follow the wall to the nearest egress. Like I said, it's kind of unconventional and just an extra tool in your toolbox in cause ya need it. But as I said before, you really don't want all that much crap in your pockets because it starts to bog you down and most of the crap that people advertise is not needed.

As you probably know, one of the best tools you can carry with you is your mind. Remember your training and brush up on important tools like the RIT (Rapid Intervention Team) pack (If your department uses Scott packs). These are the things that can save your life.

5. Jul 15, 2011 at 6:09 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    i carry mini spanner wrenches (2), a pocket bible (even though im muslim haha), a key ring with a punch, seatbel cutter and trunk lock pick, and a cpr mask

6. Jul 15, 2011 at 7:00 PM
    Fatback17

Fatback17 Masshole

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    South of Boston, Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Pro MGM
    Check out www.vententersearch.com

It's a page aimed more towards the truck but good food for thought for all of us.

Have a look at the "what's in your pockets" page. Remember tho, keep it basic keep it lite, to much crap weighing you down certainly will wear you down.

Stay safe brothers!

To Top