Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

this one is for ff's

Old 07-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
this one is for ff's

im kind of looking to fill my pockets in my structure and wildland gear and need some help filling up. Maybe some must haves. I already have some webbing and a few tools thanks
Old 07-13-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
A very important piece of equipment would be a personal bailout kit (life safety rope with a load bearing carabiner). I don't carry much in my gear as it does get unsafe the more you put in your pockets (confined spaces/weight). But I carry a bailout kit, a knife, a flashlight, and some webbing. I've found that most of the important stuff you need is already on the rig and the stuff you bring in (or should bring in) is what you need. One good unconventional tool that someone told me about is a couple of golf balls. (If you fall through a floor and you don't know where the nearest wall is for safety, just take a golf ball out and toss it in a direction and listen for the bounces.)

I don't have very much experience but this is my 2˘.

Matt
Old 07-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
what do the bounces tell you?
Old 07-15-2011, 06:00 PM   #4
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Well basically, it helps you let you know the closest wall to your position which will help you both get the orientation of the room and follow the wall to the nearest egress. Like I said, it's kind of unconventional and just an extra tool in your toolbox in cause ya need it. But as I said before, you really don't want all that much crap in your pockets because it starts to bog you down and most of the crap that people advertise is not needed.

As you probably know, one of the best tools you can carry with you is your mind. Remember your training and brush up on important tools like the RIT (Rapid Intervention Team) pack (If your department uses Scott packs). These are the things that can save your life.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
i carry mini spanner wrenches (2), a pocket bible (even though im muslim haha), a key ring with a punch, seatbel cutter and trunk lock pick, and a cpr mask
Old 07-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #6
Qjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Billy
Qjake's Tacoma Gallery
Check out www.vententersearch.com

It's a page aimed more towards the truck but good food for thought for all of us.

Have a look at the "what's in your pockets" page. Remember tho, keep it basic keep it lite, to much crap weighing you down certainly will wear you down.

Stay safe brothers!