Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

My job is extremely unsanitary. How can I report them?

Old 07-16-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
MrGuitarguy's Tacoma Gallery
My job is extremely unsanitary. How can I report them?

As the title says my job is extremely unsanitary. There are roaches everywhere and we clean with dirty towel and dirty "sanitized water". Its just plain gross. I get sick eating there, and I cant go eat anywhere because they only allow 20 min break whenever they say. I plan on getting a new job but I at least want to make some changes while I search for jobs. Who can I call to report them?

All help appreciated.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:20 PM   #2
aphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aphex's Tacoma Gallery
Probably here...

http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/foodesta...complaint.shtm

How do I file a complaint?
The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) will investigate a complaint that pertains to a retail food establishment located in an area where DSHS has regulatory jurisdiction. DSHS has regulatory jurisdiction and enforces the TFER in those areas of the state that are not permitted or inspected by a local health authority. You should contact the appropriate local health department, if your complaint pertains to an establishment located in an area with a local health department. Please see the "Complaint Process" page for information on filing a complaint or contact the Food Establishment Group at (512) 834-6753, if you would like to discuss your complaint, file a complaint by telephone, or find the contact information for the appropriate local health department.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:22 PM   #3
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGuitarguy View Post
As the title says my job is extremely unsanitary. There are roaches everywhere and we clean with dirty towel and dirty "sanitized water". Its just plain gross. I get sick eating there, and I cant go eat anywhere because they only allow 20 min break whenever they say. I plan on getting a new job but I at least want to make some changes while I search for jobs. Who can I call to report them?

All help appreciated.
Please tell me where you work so i dont ever go there. hahaha. Ohh and call the county health department and they'll direct you
Old 07-16-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Here you go... nail them! I hate slimeball restaurants that have no regard for cleanliness:

Houston Department of Health and Human Services
Bureau of Consumer Health Services
8000 N. Stadium Dr., 2nd Floor
Houston, TX 77054
Phone: 832-393-5100
Fax: 832-393-5208
Old 07-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #5
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BTW, is this a local restaurant or a chain? Love to know the name if you would share as I go to Houston several times a year and don't want to stumble across this restaurant.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #6
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
also curious of more information pertaining to the restraunt your currently enduring.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #8
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mission Burrito. West Alabama
Old 07-16-2011, 10:47 PM   #9

Hmm? A shitty unsanitary Mexican restaurant. How does this not surprise me? Here in SA, you can't spit without hitting one, and most go through at least one name change a year when the health dept shuts them down and they have to reopen under a new name.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:54 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rleeharris View Post
Hmm? A shitty unsanitary Mexican restaurant. How does this not surprise me? Here in SA, you can't spit without hitting one, and most go through at least one name change a year when the health dept shuts them down and they have to reopen under a new name.
Hahaha. The irony is that its so far from Mexican its not even funny. Regardless their all run differently but ours is the original...and its gross. Real gross. If I report them do they keep names anonymous or?
Old 07-16-2011, 11:06 PM   #11

^ I'm sure there are ways to remain anonymous. Should call their number (don't give your name) and ask about procedures to report them and still maintain your anonymity. Then you can decide. The dept info I gave is the same one that goes around and does no-notice inspections of restaurants in the greater Houston area. Have they been cited before? What was their score (usually 1 to 100 based on infractions)?
Old 07-16-2011, 11:10 PM   #12
Quote:
^ I'm sure there are ways to remain anonymous. Should call their number (don't give your name) and ask about procedures to report them and still maintain your anonymity. Then you can decide. The dept info I gave is the same one that goes around and does no-notice inspections of restaurants in the greater Houston area. Have they been cited before? What was their score (usually 1 to 100 based on infractions)?
Hell I dont know. I havnt been working there that long. Its not my first restaurant experience, but none of our procedures seem sanitary. Also I have made some friends there, and their citizenship is well...you know. Do I run the risk of getting them deported? I dont want the food department to dig that deep. None of these guys can construct a proper sentence so if they were asked questions it would be a bit obvious...
Old 07-16-2011, 11:24 PM   #13

Well, it's a choice you'll have to make. You can always report them when you find a new job but you may have to risk losing the friends, and of course, risk their possible deportation. Chances are, however, they won't get deported. I doubt seriously that the Health dept will even call ICE--they have enough of their own work to do and frankly, I can't think of one restaurant I've been to in Texas that the staff doesn't speak Spanish as its primary form of communication. Nature of being a border state even though I don't personally like it.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:53 AM   #14
Quote:
Well, it's a choice you'll have to make. You can always report them when you find a new job but you may have to risk losing the friends, and of course, risk their possible deportation. Chances are, however, they won't get deported. I doubt seriously that the Health dept will even call ICE--they have enough of their own work to do and frankly, I can't think of one restaurant I've been to in Texas that the staff doesn't speak Spanish as its primary form of communication. Nature of being a border state even though I don't personally like it.

Well I'm glad. I didnt want to risk it. I will definitely do it. Also I dont mind. Its somewhat annoying after a while but at least I brushed up with my Spanish.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:07 AM   #15
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'd report them, but you run the risk if you're the only one who's citizenship is in good standing of being caught or suspected. Evan so your actions will benefit the health of customers.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #16
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGuitarguy View Post
Hell I dont know. I havnt been working there that long. Its not my first restaurant experience, but none of our procedures seem sanitary. Also I have made some friends there, and their citizenship is well...you know. Do I run the risk of getting them deported? I dont want the food department to dig that deep. None of these guys can construct a proper sentence so if they were asked questions it would be a bit obvious...
The place is gross, unsanitary, roaches running around, and on top of that hires illegals? This just keeps getting better and better!
Old 07-17-2011, 10:05 AM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
man if it is as bad as you say it is, you need to speak up. im sorry but restuarants need to be clean. ive worked in restaurants enough to know what a kitchen should look like. your reasons for not speaking up dont outweigh the negative health factor that this restaurant could cause.

shame on you if you dont report.
Well yesterday there was a dead roach on the floor behind the line counter, and while I was making someone Nachos a giant roach crawled up the wall where our computer (we take orders on this touch pad computer) is, which is also where the line is. Ive never gone a week without seeing a roach, dead or alive.

Normal?
Old 07-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #18
Because Tacos are too mainstream...and Im poor.
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
TheMrGExperience's Tacoma Gallery
call 911, scream "THIS BITCH IS NASTAY!!!" as loud as you can and then hang up.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #19
Wombat
romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Mechanic/Security
Name: Luis
romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMrGExperience View Post
call 911, scream "THIS BITCH IS NASTAY!!!" as loud as you can and then hang up.
^^^^THISWIN^^^^
Old 07-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #20
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
This place is a health risk to all its customers and you are worried about some illegals getting deported?