Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

After 11 months laid off, back to work aug 8!!!

Old 07-18-2011, 07:40 AM   #1
Outsider is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Honorabally Discharged Staff Sergent
Name: Nick
Outsider's Tacoma Gallery
After 11 months laid off, back to work aug 8!!!

I was laid off sept 4 2010 from my job as a designer at an engineering firm, after hundreds of resumes sent out, applications, interviews, bogus job offers, i finally landed my dream job. I will be working for a major natural gas company as a landman. My job will be permitting for drilling, right of ways, and anything associated with natural gas drilling. I will be working in the Marcellus shale region of the appalichian mountains region. Doubled my salary, more and better benefits, more time off, no overtime, every other Friday off, more holidays off, outstanding health/dental/ vision ins. To say I am pumped is an understatement....I worked for a small natural resource company in college and enjoyed it, it took me about 2.5 years to get back I to it and I could not be happier!
Old 07-18-2011, 07:43 AM   #2
That Guy
CaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CaptainFun's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations!
Old 07-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #3
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats. Good luck to ya
Old 07-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #4
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
thats awesome man congrats! double salary!? wow!
Old 07-18-2011, 07:45 AM   #5
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats man!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:29 AM   #6
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: David
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats, what is the name of the company if you don't mind me asking?
Old 07-18-2011, 08:31 AM   #7
Equitable Resources corporation is company name.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:31 AM   #8
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
looks like you will be spending more time and money here
Old 07-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #9
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! Congrats! The same thing happened to me when I lost my job 2.5 years ago. I wasn't out of work quite as long only about 3.5 months...however I ended up almost doubling my salary and getting better benefits at my new job. Sometimes a tragedy is a blessing in disguise.

I will also say that losing your job really changes your outlook on life, work, and life-work balance. You realize that sometimes working those unnecessary extra hours and sacraficing time with your family & friends isn't worth it. I see people I work with now who take things way too seriously and lose sight of what's truly valueable in life. Work is absolutely important to provide for your family..however there is a balance. I always think back to the first lyrics of Omaha Stylee by 311 "In a minute everything you have can all be straight gone....In a minute the things you thought were tied come come straight undone"
Old 07-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #10
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome

I know many people that are in the industry. Great job and benefits.
You work hard and get rewarded.

Beautiful region, and now you have some reward. Thumbs up.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #11
burtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud of
burtonboards32's Tacoma Gallery
Good deal man, congrats. I also work for a large natural gas transmission company, spectra energy. good luck with the nex company!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:42 AM   #12
richard4878 has a brilliant futurerichard4878 has a brilliant futurerichard4878 has a brilliant futurerichard4878 has a brilliant futurerichard4878 has a brilliant futurerichard4878 has a brilliant futurerichard4878 has a brilliant futurerichard4878 has a brilliant futurerichard4878 has a brilliant futurerichard4878 has a brilliant futurerichard4878 has a brilliant future
Name: Rick
richard4878's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats man! I work for Columbia gas of MA. We have some offices in the WV area.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #13
My grandad retired from Columbia gas years back
Old 07-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #14
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on getting the job!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:57 AM   #15
muddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

muddin's Tacoma Gallery
are they hiring any more people??? haha....no for real let me know! lol
Old 07-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #17
burtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard4878 View Post
Congrats man! I work for Columbia gas of MA. We have some offices in the WV area.
What do you do for columbia?
Old 07-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #18
richard4878 has a brilliant futurerichard4878 has a brilliant futurerichard4878 has a brilliant futurerichard4878 has a brilliant futurerichard4878 has a brilliant futurerichard4878 has a brilliant futurerichard4878 has a brilliant futurerichard4878 has a brilliant futurerichard4878 has a brilliant futurerichard4878 has a brilliant futurerichard4878 has a brilliant future
Name: Rick
richard4878's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonboards32 View Post
What do you do for columbia?
I used to work in the IT department, but I switched over to gas control cause I love the shift hours. We actually take a bunch of gas from your Algonquin pipeline. Our gas control is actually moving to Ohio in October so Im trying to get a job in measurment.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard4878 View Post
I used to work in the IT department, but I switched over to gas control cause I love the shift hours. We actually take a bunch of gas from your Algonquin pipeline. Our gas control is actually moving to Ohio in October so Im trying to get a job in measurment.
Oh, very good. I am actually a measurement tech for algonquin/spectra. i just started about 4 months ago so its still new to me, but i love it! I work out of the Dighton office, a small satelite office for the Westwood area.