Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Back to work after 4 months of layoff :D

Old 07-23-2011, 10:39 PM   #1
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Back to work after 4 months of layoff :D

Well I got laid off in March from my pharmacy job which I went to junior college for because of budget cuts. A total of 7 people were cut including two highly experience RN's. I kind of went into "oh crap what do I do now" mode and have been stressing since that day until yesterday when I got hired for a company called Utility Pole Technologies. They travel up and down California and are contracted by PG&E to inspect and run tests on utility poles. Granted it's not what I went to school for I gladly took the the opportunity and the blessing. I am excited to start since I have always been into the blue collar type of work over the white collar, nothing like hard work!

Anyways, the pay is good, weekly bonuses, and travel with lodging paid for throughout California. Most of all I get to be OUTSIDE. It may sound crazy to some but I hated being stuck in a lab with no windows for 6hrs at a time.

I know I wasn't out of a job for long but damn it felt like forever.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #2
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats man sounds like a hell of a job!
Old 07-23-2011, 10:47 PM   #4
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations man.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:51 PM   #5
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Well I got laid off in March from my pharmacy job which I went to junior college for because of budget cuts. A total of 7 people were cut including two highly experience RN's. I kind of went into "oh crap what do I do now" mode and have been stressing since that day until yesterday when I got hired for a company called Utility Pole Technologies. They travel up and down California and are contracted by PG&E to inspect and run tests on utility poles. Granted it's not what I went to school for I gladly took the the opportunity and the blessing. I am excited to start since I have always been into the blue collar type of work over the white collar, nothing like hard work!

Anyways, the pay is good, weekly bonuses, and travel with lodging paid for throughout California. Most of all I get to be OUTSIDE. It may sound crazy to some but I hated being stuck in a lab with no windows for 6hrs at a time.

I know I wasn't out of a job for long but damn it felt like forever.
CONGRATS MAN!!! i hate working behind a computer screen all day.. i worked for my dad in santa maria (we own a pharmacy) and man it sucked.. standing for 6 hours behind a screen dealing with insurance companies and all that crap... but working with him i have a butt load more respect for him. i dont know how he does it
Old 07-23-2011, 10:53 PM   #6
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely congratulations! The last 10 years of my career have been "inside." If my spine wasn't fucked up, I'd give ANYTHING to work in an outdoors environment! Your new gig sounds like it could be quite an experience.

When one door closes, another one always opens. Best of luck to you!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:28 AM   #7
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
[THANKS EVERYBODY

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
CONGRATS MAN!!! i hate working behind a computer screen all day.. i worked for my dad in santa maria (we own a pharmacy) and man it sucked.. standing for 6 hours behind a screen dealing with insurance companies and all that crap... but working with him i have a butt load more respect for him. i dont know how he does it
It was rare for me to have to interact with insurance companies since I did iv preps and unit doses in a lab but I helped at a retail pharmacy once and never went back. Angry people that don't get their meds are much angrier when something goes wrong with their script, especially pain meds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rleeharris View Post
When one door closes, another one always opens.
Thanks and sorry about your back. But I do hold that saying true.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:39 AM   #8
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
congrats. i know how u feel... i used to work at a pharmaceutical job myself for 12 hr shifts, for 3 years. nothing fun about being stuck in a building with no windows, and being micro managed the whole dam shift
Old 07-24-2011, 04:17 AM   #9
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats. I work outside as well (Electricial Meter Reader) and I enjoy it alot. Nothing beats being out in the fresh air all day
Old 07-24-2011, 08:17 AM   #10
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
It was rare for me to have to interact with insurance companies since I did iv preps and unit doses in a lab but I helped at a retail pharmacy once and never went back. Angry people that don't get their meds are much angrier when something goes wrong with their script, especially pain meds.
oh believe me.. its no fun.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:39 PM   #11
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Just saw this thread...Congrats man! Sounds like a fun job and something you will be good at haha! Being stuck in an office all day behind a computer definetley sucks at times!