Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Firefighter app and security app put in finally!

Old 09-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
Galloway50 is on a distinguished road
Name: Fabian
Galloway50's Tacoma Gallery
Firefighter app and security app put in finally!

I just recently put in my app to los alamos county fire dept! I'm pretty excited but I need some tips on how to move up in the dept. I have a couple a captains and the former union pres. Pulling for me. My dad, godfather, cousin and girlfriends cousin all worked or still do work there and I feel confident that I could get it I'm athletic and smart and I know I can pass the tests but I don't wanna be like some guys that are happy being in the same place I'm looking to move up. Any advice?
Old 09-03-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Get the job first. Then worry about moving up.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:11 AM   #3
Qjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Billy
Qjake's Tacoma Gallery
^^This first^^

Then keep your ears open and your mouth shut!!
Old 09-05-2011, 03:45 AM   #4
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qjake View Post
^^This first^^

Then keep your ears open and your mouth shut!!
Eyes opened too. Just because you know people at the department doesn't mean shit. You have to work harder then others, to prove that you earned that spot yourself
Old 11-26-2011, 06:16 AM   #5
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
markmatters's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galloway50 View Post
I just recently put in my app to los alamos county fire dept! I'm pretty excited but I need some tips on how to move up in the dept. I have a couple a captains and the former union pres. Pulling for me. My dad, godfather, cousin and girlfriends cousin all worked or still do work there and I feel confident that I could get it I'm athletic and smart and I know I can pass the tests but I don't wanna be like some guys that are happy being in the same place I'm looking to move up. Any advice?
lol, 4 years in the dept and they still give me shit and have me doing monkey fuckers. If they're as strict as they are here...you wont be advancing anywhere in five years. my best advice, get the job and be happy they're treating you like shit...it's a tradition. Respect everyone that's been there longer than you, because they have earned it. I don't care if you have family there or not...you have to make a name for yourself. It's not just any job man...it's a family. good look with getting on though.