LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

how much do you tip your server?

View Poll Results: how much do you tip your server??
We are supose to tip?? thought servers get paid min wage 11 4.14%
Below 15% 21 7.89%
15-20% 174 65.41%
above 20% 60 22.56%
Voters: 266. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2011, 10:26 PM   #1
Runnerstrom28 will become famous soon enough
Name: Derek
Runnerstrom28's Tacoma Gallery
how much do you tip your server?

So I have been workin in the resturant business for several years now and I am currently still waiting tables. Im curious as to what percentage people usually tip? and how many people know that servers ONLY make $2.13 an hour!?
Old 09-19-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnerstrom28 View Post
So I have been workin in the resturant business for several years now and I am currently still waiting tables. Im curious as to what percentage people usually tip? and how many people know that servers ONLY make $2.13 an hour!?
Depends on the quality of service. I'm guessing some are satisfied with a low hourly rate considering some of the terrible service I've had the pleasure of enduring...
Old 09-19-2011, 10:32 PM   #5
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Just depends if the server gives a shit about their job. If the server is a lifeless soul with no personality, walking around taking their time to get to my table I wont tip much but if the server does their job and has a personality I will tip a good amount. They have to earn their 15% tip :P
Old 09-19-2011, 10:32 PM   #6
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Servers make $8.50+ mandatory in Oregon and Washington. I tip 22% if service was good! OR!!! If i'm drinking at a bar its a dollar a drink!
Old 09-19-2011, 10:34 PM   #8
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
If they keep my drink full and service is good 25% if they can't keep my drink full (big pet peeve) I do 20% worst I gave was 0 cause they lady was a total bitch.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:34 PM   #9
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerrun View Post
Enough that I'd be happy serving myself.
This...

Anyone feel weird about not giving the gas kids money?
Old 09-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
Servers make $8.50+ mandatory in Oregon and Washington. I tip 22% if service was good! OR!!! If i'm drinking at a bar its a dollar a drink!
I wish i made that hourly!
Old 09-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #11
Yeah I've heard rumors of places doing that BS in other states
Old 09-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #12
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Depends on service
X2

Quote:
I dont go by % and a lot of Hawaii people dont either but Hawaii people do tip HIGH, example if i go to a eat in restaurant and the bill is 25 bucks i tip like 5-6 bucks ESPECIALLY if the service was good. I didnt know servers only get that pay
Old 09-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Depends on service
this is very true!
Im just curious, (and im not racist what so ever) but why do black ppl not tip worth a shit?

I got a $2 tip on a $66 tab the other day!
Old 09-19-2011, 10:39 PM   #14
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
15% to 20% depends on how the service was. i have done 22% a few times.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:39 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
X2

I dont go by % and a lot of Hawaii people dont either but Hawaii people do tip HIGH, example if i go to a eat in restaurant and the bill is 25 bucks i tip like 5-6 bucks ESPECIALLY if the service was good. I didnt know servers only get that pay
Going rate in Hawaii is supposed to be 21% i believe... There is a chart floating around this laptop I'll post...
Old 09-19-2011, 10:40 PM   #16
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Going rate in Hawaii is supposed to be 21% i believe... There is a chart floating around this laptop I'll post...
I've always gone 15%.... (moms a CPA, taught me how to tip to teach me math! )
Old 09-19-2011, 10:40 PM   #17
Beerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Beerrun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This...

Anyone feel weird about not giving the gas kids money?
You do know you live in the only state that doesn't think you can pump your own gas right?
Old 09-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #18
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
probably around 10 to 15% but around here servers get paid $9.25 an hour.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:42 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
15% to 20% depends on how the service was. i have done 22% a few times.
With me being s server, you will 99% of the time get a decent tip from me unless your just a bitch
Old 09-19-2011, 10:42 PM   #20
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerrun View Post
You do know you live in the only state that doesn't think you can pump your own gas right?
Doesnt New Jersey do this as well?