Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

What do you all do to make a little cash on the side?

Old 11-02-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
What do you all do to make a little cash on the side?

As the title says... How do you make an extra buck outside of your regular job?

Me: I do computer repair here and there, fix broken LCD's, etc....
Old 11-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #3
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
I ref little league soccer
Old 11-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
TMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the rough
Name: Tom
TMW's Tacoma Gallery
I retired last year and since then I've been doing work for them about one to two days a month thru a temp. service. I do TV transmitter work and the person who took over those duties was transferred to San Diego. I'm now training another tech. With the new solid state gear the equipment is so reliable you really just need to keep it clean and take regular readings. It's fun especially sinced I don't have the other responsibilities when I worked full time.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I teach teenagers how to drive
Old 11-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #6
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Good thread idea!

I'm a full-time IT guy, so I try and do little IT jobs on the side that I enjoy - building computers, setting up networks for small businesses or home-based networks, etc...

I also do some security work - rent-a-cop type stuff. Basically just a moderately-large, warm body walking around to deter people from breaking into shit.

Recently I've picked up a few gigs from my sister - she's the Operations Managers for a transportation company, so she hooks me up with gigs here locally where I help with security, coordination, manual labor (loading suitcases for people, loading private planes, etc...).

I haven't been doing any of that as much as I'd like to here lately though. My full-time job has been insanely busy lately, and isn't going to slow down until February or March of next year.

Fink
Old 11-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #7
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Drug runner. Jk I don't have a steady job and haven't had an official job yet but I find work to do for people usually cut grass, clear trees, clean up woods, clean up leaves, stuff like this.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #8
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
I'm lucky enough after 18 years in the software business that I don't need to do side work anymore but when I did I built computers and web sites for people, general construction work and fixed cars.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #9
cstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carl
cstephan's Tacoma Gallery
Nice idea,

I do Mechanical Engineering on the side, also teach 3-7 year olds to ski. I am workign on a fab shop at my house. I have some very high strength sliders in store fo you all. got some designs no one has done from what i have seen. work right now to get them to handle 20,000 LBS dynamic stress.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #10
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
I used to grow and sell live corals; made a good $1000 a month and only spent 5hr a week doing it.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #11
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskal311 View Post
I used to grow and sell live corals; made a good $1000 a month and only spent 5hr a week doing it.
As in like coral reef?? Who is buying coral???
Old 11-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #12
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Women pay me to give them pleasure.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #13
GFO DMC LBR
dirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: adam
dirty dangler's Tacoma Gallery
fab work and installs
Old 11-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #14
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskal311 View Post
Please elaborate I'd like to try this lol
Old 11-02-2011, 10:28 AM   #15
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
pick up extra shifts. full 24 is like an extra $500.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #16
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
just work OT. 6-6 pays pretty good when you get time and a 1/2
Old 11-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #17
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
Please elaborate I'd like to try this lol
Group Buy?!?!

Sorry...I cracked myself up a little bit with that one...

Fink
Old 11-02-2011, 10:30 AM   #18
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
pick up extra shifts. full 24 is like an extra $500.
I used to do that all the time at the FD. I loved it.

Fink
Old 11-02-2011, 10:30 AM   #19
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstephan View Post
Nice idea,

I do Mechanical Engineering on the side, also teach 3-7 year olds to ski. I am workign on a fab shop at my house. I have some very high strength sliders in store fo you all. got some designs no one has done from what i have seen. work right now to get them to handle 20,000 LBS dynamic stress.
what does that even mean?
Old 11-02-2011, 10:31 AM   #20
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
what does that even mean?
He takes things, and engineers them, so that they...become...mechanical...eh, I'm retarded...

Fink