Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

thanks to this forum and the fab guys.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
thanks to this forum and the fab guys.

ok so i think this is a good place to put this.

but till about 3 or 4 months ago i did not really know what i wanted to do in live. and now i do! and itís because of this forum and all the guys that do and post what fabrication they do on here. i have thought about doing fab work but now as much as i do now.

NOW all i need to do is get money and get all the tools i need to get started. (advice is welcome)
Old 12-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Get a college degree. That's my advice.

Or at least go to trade school. being a good fabricator involves being able to design parts that are optimized for their intended purpose. That is something you learn either from years and years of experience, or through school + experience.

It is not as easy as it looks
Old 12-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #3
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Get a college degree. That's my advice.

Or at least go to trade school. being a good fabricator involves being able to design parts that are optimized for their intended purpose. That is something you learn either from years and years of experience, or through school + experience.

It is not as easy as it looks
yeah i’m thinking trade school. and yeah i know all that.

edit: i have been interested in fab for like 5 years. just not as much as now.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #4
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
X2 ^^^

CAD, materials and metallurgy, engineering...
Old 12-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
X2 ^^^

statics, physics, math...
Old 12-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #6
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
X2 ^^^

Quote:
aka the world i just left....

OP, good luck. It's tough work. Be prepared.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:42 PM   #7
GO VOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
aka the world i just left....

OP, good luck. It's tough work. Be prepared.
thanks. and i always try to prepare for the unexpected. on everything i do.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #8
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Statics are critical!

Old 12-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #9
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Statics are critical!

Old 12-12-2011, 09:51 PM   #10
braaap

Quote:
Statics are critical!

I do seem to remember learning about lol cats in statics class. Very useful and insightful class.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:53 PM   #11
Glitterdick

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I do seem to remember learning about lol cats in statics class. Very useful and insightful class.
I took lol 101.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:55 PM   #12
braaap

Quote:
I took lol 101.
They don't offer that here