LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Looking for work in a new state advice

Old 12-16-2011, 07:48 AM   #1
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for work in a new state advice

Hey, I've been applying to jobs in a different location the past few months and I rarely get any responses back. Anyone have any advice how to get noticed from afar?
Old 12-16-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
What locations have you been applying to? I know here in Nevada we have the highest unemployment rate in the country so hardly anyone would get a response. Maybe you should redo you resume to make it fit the jobs your applying for.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
..anymore details.. i mean, are you looking at a "move" to a new home, ..or just found something you like across the state line, that you'll commute to?
Old 12-17-2011, 05:35 AM   #4
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, here's the story:

I work as a project manager and sales rep for a construction company. Im in ATL now, but its a small company and has 2 owners. Long story short the owner I work for is retiring and sellign his half to the other owner who is an idiot and his kids will run the company into the ground, if our crews haven't left by then.

My wife is in chiropractor school, she'll graduate in June. We can't stay in ATL cuz we dont want to and theres already 10million chiros in the area. So we decided to move to Utah. I've been applying for work out there for the last 2 months, dont get too many responses back.

So I would like to find somethign out there in sales/management as soon as I can. I'm getting a P.O box there so atleast I can put a UT address on my resume. Any other tips? Thanks TW!
Old 12-17-2011, 03:17 PM   #5
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
well, unfortunately i never moved out of state to take new job, ..so can't speak from experience.. maybe those companies you applied to are skeptical because you aren't in-state already... not sure what you do to secure a deal.. are you looking for companies who give relocation assistance?.. hopefully someone will reply to this thread who's already been through this..
Old 01-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #7
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i pulled it off. but the econony was rocking when i did it.

now? i would probably use a headhunter service.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #8
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Sorry, here's the story:

I work as a project manager and sales rep for a construction company. Im in ATL now, but its a small company and has 2 owners. Long story short the owner I work for is retiring and sellign his half to the other owner who is an idiot and his kids will run the company into the ground, if our crews haven't left by then.

My wife is in chiropractor school, she'll graduate in June. We can't stay in ATL cuz we dont want to and theres already 10million chiros in the area. So we decided to move to Utah. I've been applying for work out there for the last 2 months, dont get too many responses back.

So I would like to find somethign out there in sales/management as soon as I can. I'm getting a P.O box there so atleast I can put a UT address on my resume. Any other tips? Thanks TW!
yeah ATL sux.. We are moving to Seattle in 2 years when the wife gets out of nursing school