Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Life Insurance Sales

Old 12-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Life Insurance Sales

Anyone have any experience selling life insurance? I filled out an application and got a call back today for an interview. I'm a bit skeptical.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
i looked into that years ago. my experience? they want you to hit up your family, your friends, everyone you know, in order to sell insurance. waste of time and they don't provide any decent leads and the turnover rate is fairly high. you cold call alot of people and get hung up on.

if you are thinking about going into insurance - i would recommend you go into employee benefits. i have a friend who is in this area and he does really, really well. basically he sells health insurance plans to medium and large corporations. i would go work for an agency who does this to learn the ropes, and then you can go out on your own after you get some experience.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: David
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhart View Post
i looked into that years ago. my experience? they want you to hit up your family, your friends, everyone you know, in order to sell insurance. waste of time and they don't provide any decent leads and the turnover rate is fairly high. you cold call alot of people and get hung up on.

if you are thinking about going into insurance - i would recommend you go into employee benefits. i have a friend who is in this area and he does really, really well. basically he sells health insurance plans to medium and large corporations. i would go work for an agency who does this to learn the ropes, and then you can go out on your own after you get some experience.

Agreed.