Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

do you have a work cell phone, and do you take calls afterhours?

Old 12-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
do you have a work cell phone, and do you take calls afterhours?

just wondering.

my phone rings into the night. annoying.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #2
R.O.U.S.
RV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to behold
Army: Veteran - 154th Sig. Bn., USARSO Panama
Name: Paul
RV7Garage's Tacoma Gallery
My phone is my own, but my job reimburses the bill every month. I generally do not answer calls after hours. I am lucky enough to have an employer who gets it.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
yes and yes

My work pays for my personal cell so i dont care
Old 12-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #4
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Yes

Turn off the ringer after hours
Old 12-28-2011, 10:04 AM   #7
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
I am self-employed and take calls to my office phone when 'in', and forward calls to my cell when 'out'.

My phones have little 'on-off' switches, giving me the choice to not be bothered if i chose not to be. That tends to happen more when i have a full scheduled of work already booked, than when i still have openings over the next 10 days or so.

When not fully booked, i've answered them as late as a 1/4 after midnight to book work.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:06 AM   #8
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Yup-And both my phones stay on the bedstand....Sucks.
Did that for the last 14 of my 26 years of Active Duty Air Force. Well, a beeper for the first few of the 14. Damn "old man" reminder again!

That's why I took a worker bee job for my second career ... I take great joy in "forgetting my cell" and leaving it on the dresser on my days off.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #9
Save a horse ride a Railroader
Catcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to behold
Air Force: C-17 Loadmaster 2300 hrs
Name: Bryan
Catcrazed's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have a work phone but it a did or if they call my phone after hours I get 3hrs of ot just for taking the call. But to me it really depends on what exactally your job is and how much money your making. You didnt even tell us what you do but if they told you that would be the case when they highered you then ur stuck, if its something they pushed on you for no extra money or just calling with a stupid ? that could wait I'd start shuting it off. On the flip if you get paid a balls load of money for your area and could never find a similar paying job I'd answer that bitch.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #10
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV7Garage View Post
My phone is my own, but my job reimburses the bill every month. I generally do not answer calls after hours. I am lucky enough to have an employer who gets it.

Same thing with me. It's a small family owned business and I really like my boss. Because I really like him, I will sometimes answer the phone if I am off and HE calls me. Customers generally don't have my number and I never answer the phone if I don't recognize the number calling.