Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Any CARMAX Employees on Here, or anyone who know about carmax jobs?

Old 12-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Any CARMAX Employees on Here, or anyone who know about carmax jobs?

Hey TW,
I was just offered a job at carmax as a sales consultant.
The Recruiter said I could make 60k a year easy, Im thinking yea right.
Anyone have any experience with carmax and how much their sales consultants actually make?
Old 12-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
What's your base pay and commission?
Old 12-28-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
What's your base pay and commission?
Its 100% commision, and you get $75 for starting a sale, $75 for closing a sale, and extra for selling maintenance/repair packages and other misc. items.
They're telling me I should be able to make 60k no problem but IDK, I hope someone on here with some experience with them can chime in.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #4
kellybig is on a distinguished road
kellybig's Tacoma Gallery
Scam

Don't take it: they don't negotiate on their cars or on trade ins: they probably make a ton of money as warren buffet owns them: they offered me 3500 on my trade in : that is it: a traditional dealer gave me 6000
Old 12-28-2011, 04:42 PM   #5

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybig View Post
Don't take it: they don't negotiate on their cars or on trade ins: they probably make a ton of money as warren buffet owns them: they offered me 3500 on my trade in : that is it: a traditional dealer gave me 6000
Actually the no hagle pricing is one of the reason why Im leaning towards them, I dont wanna be a stereotypical "used car salesman" who tries to scam people out of their money.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #6
kellybig is on a distinguished road
kellybig's Tacoma Gallery
I shouldn't say that

Maybe they are a good fit for you. It probably is a no hassel experience but you pay for it. I'm just a tight wad and am not going to pay for what I don't need to. there are probably a lot of people who do though.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:00 AM   #7
Ron F. Swanson
JaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JaSkynyrd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTaco View Post
Its 100% commision, and you get $75 for starting a sale, $75 for closing a sale, and extra for selling maintenance/repair packages and other misc. items.
They're telling me I should be able to make 60k no problem but IDK, I hope someone on here with some experience with them can chime in.
Yikes! That's a hard way to get to $60k a year. I bet you probably already did the math but you'd have to sell 400 cars to make that amount of money (without any maintenace repair packages). With only 260 working days in a year you'd have to sell 1.5 cars a day to meet your goal.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:08 PM   #8

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSkynyrd View Post
Yikes! That's a hard way to get to $60k a year. I bet you probably already did the math but you'd have to sell 400 cars to make that amount of money (without any maintenace repair packages). With only 260 working days in a year you'd have to sell 1.5 cars a day to meet your goal.
Thats exactly my point. I wish someone who has worked at carmax would chime in.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #9
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTaco View Post
Thats exactly my point. I wish someone who has worked at carmax would chime in.
I worked at a similar car dealer in PA for three years with a similiar pay plan and i made $70k per year. It's easy work but shitty hours.