Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Firefighter openings?

Old 01-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
JasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasonJump's Tacoma Gallery
Firefighter openings?

I just passed my National Registry for EMT, and will be done in fire academy come May. I will come out with FF1, FF2, Extrication, adavanced Ex, Wild Land, Hazmat ops and awareness, and few others that I can't think of. I'm looking to go a little futher west, like Utah, Nevada, Oregon, Wyoming, Colorado, Cali, somewhere within an easy driving distance to be in the Mountains. Anyways, if anyone has any info on where I might be able to find openings aside from going to individual City sites and checking I'd appreciate it! Thanks
Old 01-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
One place to start would be 911 HotJobs. It is a website dedicated to police, fire, and EMS job openings.

GL
Old 01-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
JasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
One place to start would be 911 HotJobs. It is a website dedicated to police, fire, and EMS job openings. GL
Sweet I'll check that out, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
for city, state, or federal?
Most likely City, as in an in house Fire dept. setting
Old 01-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #5
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJump View Post
Most likely City, as in an in house Fire dept. setting
maybe look at Sacramento area in Cali? i cant say much for outside of Cali
Old 01-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #6
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Stay out of Oregon.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Stay out of Oregon.
Really why? I was looking into Oregon lol.... whats up there?
Old 01-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #8
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
the guys from gold rush...
Old 01-31-2012, 08:07 AM   #9
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Really why? I was looking into Oregon lol.... whats up there?
Not enough jobs, and way to many people trying. Plus there are way too many people coming out of state to take test. Stay in your own damn state
Old 01-31-2012, 08:10 AM   #10
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Not enough jobs, and way to many people trying. Plus there are way too many people coming out of state to take test. Stay in your own damn state
damn dude, that seemed a little testy. is it that rough up there? one of my best friends has connections with a portland chief...
Old 01-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #11
"The Emblem of a Free Man is a Gun"
Ccwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Chris
Ccwahoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^ hates competition
Old 01-31-2012, 08:19 AM   #12
wes mantooth ™
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccwahoo View Post
^ hates competition
lulz^^^
Old 01-31-2012, 08:24 AM   #13

Quote:
Wow Mr. Mitch, chill the hell out bud. I'll go where I please, if its Oregon I'll march my happy ass up to Oregon. If guys out of state are getting jobs over the Oregon guys maybe Oregon guys are cutting it. Why do you care so much? I'm not trying to take your job
Old 01-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccwahoo View Post
^ hates competition
Ha seriously, what happened to the Brotherhood of Firefighters in Oregon?
Old 01-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #15
TheDan is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Fire Engine Operator (Engineer) for the BLM, Volunteer Firefighter/EMT/Fire Instructor
Name: Dan
TheDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just passed my National Registry for EMT, and will be done in fire academy come May. I will come out with FF1, FF2, Extrication, adavanced Ex, Wild Land, Hazmat ops and awareness, and few others that I can't think of. I'm looking to go a little futher west, like Utah, Nevada, Oregon, Wyoming, Colorado, Cali, somewhere within an easy driving distance to be in the Mountains. Anyways, if anyone has any info on where I might be able to find openings aside from going to individual City sites and checking I'd appreciate it! Thanks
Just so you know, California doesn't do reciprocity for out of state firefighting certificates. Nevada does IFSAC, I believe. If you want to look at wildland fire with the federal land management agencies, try to get some NWCG courses. I-100, S-130, S-190 and L-180 are the basic classes you need. It only takes about 40 hours.

I can't speak much for paid structure firefighting, the nearest department with any paid firefigters is an hour away or so. I know most departments have been hit hard by budget cuts.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:26 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben7726 View Post
damn dude, that seemed a little testy. is it that rough up there? one of my best friends has connections with a portland chief...
Hook it up! I'd like to head that way, my dad is Deputy Chief in Oklahoma, been there for 28 years. It runs in the family
Old 01-31-2012, 08:27 AM   #17
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Got laid?

I think not, but highly needed...

To the OP: Good luck in your search, I don't know if you'd ever being to Colorado, I have lived in Denver and So Cal (Ventura). So Cal is a neat experience, but Denver just ROCKS, and the state of Colorado is FAR better off financially than Cali will be for the foreseable future.

Again, good luck!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDan View Post
Just so you know, California doesn't do reciprocity for out of state firefighting certificates. Nevada does IFSAC, I believe. If you want to look at wildland fire with the federal land management agencies, try to get some NWCG courses. I-100, S-130, S-190 and L-180 are the basic classes you need. It only takes about 40 hours.

I can't speak much for paid structure firefighting, the nearest department with any paid firefigters is an hour away or so. I know most departments have been hit hard by budget cuts.
Thanks man, I have actually already passed all ICS-100, 200, 700, 800. and s-190, 180 etc. I will come out with IFSAC certs also from this academy. Also Extrication, FF1, FF2, Wild land, and a few more. I hope they help
Old 01-31-2012, 08:30 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
To the OP: Good luck in your search, I don't know if you'd ever being to Colorado, I have lived in Denver and So Cal (Ventura). So Cal is a neat experience, but Denver just ROCKS, and the state of Colorado is FAR better off financially than Cali will be for the foreseable future.

Again, good luck!
Yeah man I'd love Colorado, and I have a few connections there. I've heard to stay away from Denver Fire, but more so look towards some of the surrounding Depts. And I hear ya on the Cali economy, probably not a good route to persue
Old 01-31-2012, 08:32 AM   #20

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben7726 View Post
Sorry that was sarcasm, seriously though. Jobs are far and few between up here