Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Pharmacy School Interview

Old 02-09-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Pharmacy School Interview

I interviewed at UCSF (San Francisco) last week and I just received another invitation to interview at California Northstate School of Pharmacy in Rancho Cordova, Ca. Pretty Stoked!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Good deal & good luck brother!
Old 02-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
good luck man.. i plan on applying sometime next year as well...
Are you planning on applying to any Nor Cal schools?
Old 02-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #6
Does this look like spit to you?
Large Farva will become famous soon enough

Name: Who's Barry Badrinath?
Large Farva's Tacoma Gallery
GOOD LUCK! I have been through graduate school and law school, as well as working in the admissions department at a medical school (while in grad school). So if you have any questions let me know, I can help you out with any tips. Although I don't have any connections to west coast schools...
Old 02-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #8
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Did you apply to UOP? The mrs 238 goes there in that program..
Old 02-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #9
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tencrawler View Post
Are you planning on applying to any Nor Cal schools?
i might... im actually applying to schools outta state... if that doesnt work i plan on some kind of grad program... either Masters In Chem or MBA... and then my 3rd option is a federal job... DOD, DEA, or FBI.... being bilingual and having a BS in Chem might be to my advantage...

if you dont mind me asking what did you major in???
Old 02-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #10
Beaver Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
Did you apply to UOP? The mrs 238 goes there in that program..
Hey Jay,

I did apply to UOP and I am waiting for my interview invitation. It's kind of our first choice since we are working on/looking to buy a house in Lodi. It's actually out East Kettleman in the middle of all the vineyards, orchards, and wineries. Oh, and I was thinking we could do the Fog Anytime Mod on Thursday; I'll shoot you a PM tonight and we can get it figured out.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:07 AM   #11
Beaver Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large Farva View Post
GOOD LUCK! I have been through graduate school and law school, as well as working in the admissions department at a medical school (while in grad school). So if you have any questions let me know, I can help you out with any tips. Although I don't have any connections to west coast schools...
Impressive CV, thanks for the offer. Sadly, this is my second time around in the application process. I didn't understand how competitive the process was and I only applied to two schools; UCSF and Oregon State. UCSF, the #1 pharmacy school in America, receives 1500 applications each year and interview 300 for 125 spots. I made it to the waitlist of UCSF last year and was only 4 spots away from getting in. I made it through the interview again this year, and I have a pretty good feeling about it. I'll be sure to keep the thread updated with invitations, interviews, and letter status.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #12
Beaver Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
i might... im actually applying to schools outta state... if that doesnt work i plan on some kind of grad program... either Masters In Chem or MBA... and then my 3rd option is a federal job... DOD, DEA, or FBI.... being bilingual and having a BS in Chem might be to my advantage...

if you dont mind me asking what did you major in???
I have a B.S in Chemistry with a minor in General Science and a Pre-pharmacy Option from Oregon State.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:37 AM   #13
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a B.S in Chemistry with a minor in General Science and a Pre-pharmacy Option from Oregon State.
Dude congrats... And good job on the accomplishments... Man I just finished PCHEM and that was a depressing ass subject lol...

What's a pre pharm option??? If I think I know what this is this might save me a minor in Bio ; ))
Old 02-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #14
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey Jay,

I did apply to UOP and I am waiting for my interview invitation. It's kind of our first choice since we are working on/looking to buy a house in Lodi. It's actually out East Kettleman in the middle of all the vineyards, orchards, and wineries. Oh, and I was thinking we could do the Fog Anytime Mod on Thursday; I'll shoot you a PM tonight and we can get it figured out.
Hmm okay I'll see if I can get re-arrange some things on Thursday. And yes, that would be sweet if you could get in close. The Mrs. is a second year there (only 3 year program) and will be looking at rotations soon I guess. Good luck man!