LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Possible Career change for a teacher?

Old 02-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
mistaare is on a distinguished road
mistaare's Tacoma Gallery
Possible Career change for a teacher?

I have been an Urban middle school teacher for the past 17 years. The state of education in Pennsylvania is driving teachers away left and right, but I am not going to get into that. At the end of the 12-13 school year my only bills with be my mortgage and utilities.

I have a BS in Education with certification's in Bio, Earth/space Sci and Gen Sci. I as really looking to get into the environmental field. Right now in South Western Pa the Marcellus Shale industry is huge, so the quesiton is, are there such positions available for a teaching degree? If so, what are there titles? How much do they make? I really do not want a 40 hr/week desk job, but I also do not want to be on a drilling platform. Do such positions exist?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks