Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

KPT's Earth thread

Old 04-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #2022
Señorita Member
bethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
bethes's Tacoma Gallery
The earthquakes in Oklahoma last week scared me out of hiding here at TW. It just took me this long to get the power back on.

OR I was in Houston. And I'm lazy.

Whichever.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #2023
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
lava...

visited Craters of hte Moon in Idaho this weekend, first time visit. Very interesting place!
Old 05-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #2025
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I love lava!
So many different formations and colors - fascinating.
When I first got there it was cloudy and then while I was out walking around the sun came out and the whole ground started to sparkle

How was your geology adventure this weekend?
Old 05-20-2013, 06:58 AM   #2026
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
lava...

visited Craters of hte Moon in Idaho this weekend, first time visit. Very interesting place!
Might be up that way in the fall. Lisa do you have any tips on what to make sure and see, or what's not worth it? I'll probably have the kids in tow, they have good endurance but their short legs are still a factor.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:29 AM   #2027

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudpedal View Post
Might be up that way in the fall. Lisa do you have any tips on what to make sure and see, or what's not worth it? I'll probably have the kids in tow, they have good endurance but their short legs are still a factor.
I'm sure Keith can chime in too...
the area is very hilly, I don't know why but I was expecting it to be flatter. There are some steep hills to climb on a couple of the trails. Bring good, sturdy shoes as the lava is very uneven and sharp. Sandals would be a no-no. And there isn't much shade or protection from the wind

I hiked the north crater trail (very steep, dirt path), devil's orchard (flat, sidewalk), tree molds (less steep, dirt path, pretty easy) and broken top trails (less steep) - that's about 7 miles in two days. I didn't have time to see the caves. All very intersting, I spent a lot of time just inspecting the different formations.

The campground was nice, very clean....but no campfires! And the park is a LONG way from the nearest city so gas up before you get too far from the interstate

http://www.nps.gov/crmo/planyourvisi...d/CRMOloop.pdf
Old 05-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #2028
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, Lisa!

I need to quit being lazy and post pics from our hike up Tent Rocks. Maybe contribute something useful to the thread.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #2029
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Be sure to make time to go into the lava tubes. They are like long skinny caves and are where the lava flowed underground.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #2034
swissrallyman is on a distinguished road

swissrallyman's Tacoma Gallery
We drilled a new discovery grading 40% + Uranium in Saskatchewan in the winter.... I think I might glow in the dark now...
Old 06-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #2035
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Odd question since this is geology, but does anyone know any modern day Indiana Jones? A male or female archaeologist who is under 40 and tearing up the world of archaeology? Whether the are internationally known or not is of no consequence. Am searching now, but I'm sure someone out there is MUCH more knowledgeable and up to date than me on these things...
Old 06-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #2036
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Bing homepage today... 6/17/13
www.bing.com

Old 06-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #2037
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
lava...

I never got to see that but Idaho is full of awesomeness. Im ready to move back, Im looking for jobs around the Boise area but I'm not having much luck.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #2038
Señorita Member
bethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bethes's Tacoma Gallery
Hello.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #2039
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Beth!

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGd...8511373370464/
Old 07-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #2040
Señorita Member

bethes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Sweet!!