Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

any Fish and Game/Wildlife officers?

Old 03-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
any Fish and Game/Wildlife officers?

just kinda wondering. if any one on here is. i have thought about it some. but maybe because my dad is one. has been for 30+ years i think. got some grate stores out in the woods late at night. lol he has to retire end of september at 62. he has been mostly doing office work the past 2 years.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
big sky's Tacoma Gallery
good for your Dad! I've been at it for 23 years now, probably the best job out there- I know I wouldn't trade my career for any other
Old 03-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #3
FeroNOX is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
FeroNOX's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not a warden, but I have worked for the USFWS for the past few summers as a Bio. Tech.

I am just finishing up a degree in Wildlife Management/Biology and have thought of going into the law enforcement side of things.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah mom is like a fish tech or what ever. works at a fish hatchery same agency tho. dad has loved it! past few weeks/month i been thinking about it.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:12 AM   #5

well. going to look at all the classes i would need, and what collages i could go to, to do those classes. been thinking about it more and more.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
Chitoson has a spectacular aura aboutChitoson has a spectacular aura about
Chitoson's Tacoma Gallery
I would leave my job tomorrow if I had the chance to become conservation officer / environmental police officer.

I actually did leave my job to do just that once upon a time. I was leaving a ton of good benefits and losing about 1/3 of my pay but I made the choice to do it anyway. I ended up having a serious medical emergency during the training and was forced out of the academy.

Every time I see an EPO it bothers me that I'm not one now. If you truely have a passion for the outdoors and conservation I would highly recommend it.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitoson View Post
I would leave my job tomorrow if I had the chance to become conservation officer / environmental police officer.

I actually did leave my job to do just that once upon a time. I was leaving a ton of good benefits and losing about 1/3 of my pay but I made the choice to do it anyway. I ended up having a serious medical emergency during the training and was forced out of the academy.

Every time I see an EPO it bothers me that I'm not one now. If you truely have a passion for the outdoors and conservation I would highly recommend it.
i love the outdoors. hunt, fish, like 4wheeling. i think, what makes me like it more is being around it my hole life. dad has been one for 35 years. all kinds of stores of sneaking up on people, getting stuck in the woods at 12am. i know their are things that pay more. but i want something iím going to love. i also would go crazy at a desk or office job.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #8
Chitoson has a spectacular aura aboutChitoson has a spectacular aura about
Chitoson's Tacoma Gallery
There are plenty of ways to make more money but if you are anything like everybody I know you will burned out and dying for a new career by the time you are in your mid 30's. All of the EPO's I know love their job.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #9
tlh178 is on a distinguished road
Name: terry
tlh178's Tacoma Gallery
not to take away from op post, but i have a true story. i was at a local lake with my new 25k lund boat. the local c.o. comes up to my boat and wants to make sure i'm legal! she goes to get out of seat and her pistol case gets caught on the throttle. her boat takes off and sideswipes most of the side of my new boat. talk about being pissed off and to think i did not go to jail that day. i really ran my mouth and let her have it. she was a good sport and let me rant. it ended up costing the state about a grand to fix it. now i look back at and laugh, if i only had this on video!