1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

any Fish and Game/Wildlife officers?

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by TnRedNeck721, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Mar 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 [OP] Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    just kinda wondering. if any one on here is. i have thought about it some. but maybe because my dad is one. has been for 30+ years i think. got some grate stores out in the woods late at night. lol he has to retire end of september at 62. he has been mostly doing office work the past 2 years.

2. Mar 23, 2012 at 6:44 PM
    big sky

big sky Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    good for your Dad! I've been at it for 23 years now, probably the best job out there- I know I wouldn't trade my career for any other :)

3. Mar 23, 2012 at 8:05 PM
    TnRedNeck721

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    yeah mom is like a fish tech or what ever. works at a fish hatchery same agency tho. dad has loved it! past few weeks/month i been thinking about it.

4. Jun 30, 2012 at 2:12 AM
    TnRedNeck721

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    well. going to look at all the classes i would need, and what collages i could go to, to do those classes. been thinking about it more and more.

5. Jul 8, 2012 at 5:57 PM
    Chitoson

Chitoson Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    12 SR5 DCSB - 23 TRDOR DCSB
    I would leave my job tomorrow if I had the chance to become conservation officer / environmental police officer.

I actually did leave my job to do just that once upon a time. I was leaving a ton of good benefits and losing about 1/3 of my pay but I made the choice to do it anyway. I ended up having a serious medical emergency during the training and was forced out of the academy.

Every time I see an EPO it bothers me that I'm not one now. If you truely have a passion for the outdoors and conservation I would highly recommend it.

6. Jul 8, 2012 at 6:07 PM
    TnRedNeck721

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    i love the outdoors. hunt, fish, like 4wheeling. i think, what makes me like it more is being around it my hole life. dad has been one for 35 years.:eek: all kinds of stores of sneaking up on people, getting stuck in the woods at 12am. i know their are things that pay more. but i want something i’m going to love. i also would go crazy at a desk or office job.

7. Jul 8, 2012 at 6:36 PM
    Chitoson

Chitoson Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    12 SR5 DCSB - 23 TRDOR DCSB
    There are plenty of ways to make more money but if you are anything like everybody I know you will burned out and dying for a new career by the time you are in your mid 30's. All of the EPO's I know love their job.

8. Jul 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    tlh178

tlh178 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    terry
    lake huron/sag bay
    Vehicle:
    2012 4WD reg cab/ 02 SR5 Prerunner/07 FJC 4WD
    not to take away from op post, but i have a true story. i was at a local lake with my new 25k lund boat. the local c.o. comes up to my boat and wants to make sure i'm legal! she goes to get out of seat and her pistol case gets caught on the throttle. her boat takes off and sideswipes most of the side of my new boat. talk about being pissed off and to think i did not go to jail that day. i really ran my mouth and let her have it. she was a good sport and let me rant. it ended up costing the state about a grand to fix it. now i look back at and laugh, if i only had this on video!

To Top