Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Murses and Respiratory Therapists?

Old 03-17-2013, 10:51 PM   #81
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
Hey, but don't worry, obamacare is expanding Medicaid so it'll be ALL better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMara View Post
Switching careers, trying to get into nursing school for fall 2013. This should be fun, a career change at 36yrs of age.
A good friend of mine retired from the Marine Corps as a Lieutenant Colonel and went back for his BSN and is an awesome OR nurse.

Edit: not sure how in hell I quoted myself there?.?.?
Old 03-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #82
JTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeryck
JTyfz450's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone gone through their annual survey with the Department of Health yet? They will be exiting my facility today. How did your survey go?
Old 03-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #84
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
3 lb dumbbell?
Old 07-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #86
Asian RedNeck
BenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to all

Name: Ben
BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BenMara
Signed up for Pre Med classes....
Old 07-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #87

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Strong work Ben! Godspeed to ya
Old 07-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #88
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I just finished up the last of my pre-reqs (microbiology) this week and then I start the Nursing course in the fall.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #89

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Have fun with that. Nursing school
Grad school was much better
Old 07-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #90
Oscar08 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Corpsman
Name: Bill
Oscar08's Tacoma Gallery
Navy RT here.... at least for two more years then off to PA school.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #91

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Mid-Levels FTW!!!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #92
Oscar08 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Corpsman
Name: Bill
Oscar08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
Mid-Levels FTW!!!
Hey somebody has to do it
Old 07-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #93
SDLiving is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: MST2
Name: Jared
SDLiving's Tacoma Gallery
Finished school a month ago, just got hired in Rapid City, SD as an RT.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:17 AM   #94
PhdNPrerunners will become famous soon enoughPhdNPrerunners will become famous soon enough

Name: Justin
PhdNPrerunners's Tacoma Gallery
Bumping this thread because I only has 3 more classes till I apply for a BSN program. A lot of people have told me to stay away from the healthcare field since Obamacare is going to take effect soon. I wanted to get some RN's opinions on if they would still recommend going into the nursing field.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #95
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not particularly worried about it. They'll always need RNs and I doubt you'd have much luck finding a career field that will fare any better or have the job security like healthcare. Not trying to get into politics, but I don't know of any RN I work with that has anything good to say about the new 'law'. IMO, it'll crash and burn on its own or be repealed. On top of being a clusterf#$%, it's simply not sustainable.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #96
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
And while I'm here...
I got a chest x-ray today and found out that I have pneumonia. Will cold outside air aggravate the symptoms? Been searching the net and didn't see anything mentioned.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:14 PM   #97
NYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant future
Name: Joe
NYNURSE's Tacoma Gallery
Can't imagine how I missed this thread, so I'm subbing in.
RN 32 years this May. 25 in the ER. Love this job.
Question; How many of you guys have Professional plates on your Taco ?
Old 01-16-2014, 05:42 PM   #98
PhdNPrerunners will become famous soon enoughPhdNPrerunners will become famous soon enough

Name: Justin
PhdNPrerunners's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
I'm not particularly worried about it. They'll always need RNs and I doubt you'd have much luck finding a career field that will fare any better or have the job security like healthcare. Not trying to get into politics, but I don't know of any RN I work with that has anything good to say about the new 'law'. IMO, it'll crash and burn on its own or be repealed. On top of being a clusterf#$%, it's simply not sustainable.
Ya I can see what you are saying. I'm just trying to get some insight. I plan on continuing on after getting my BSN to become a CRNA. I would hate to get out of school with 100k in student loans and not be able to find a job in the field.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #99
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhdNPrerunners View Post
Bumping this thread because I only has 3 more classes till I apply for a BSN program. A lot of people have told me to stay away from the healthcare field since Obamacare is going to take effect soon. I wanted to get some RN's opinions on if they would still recommend going into the nursing field.

Well the nice thing is that you have many options you can fall back on if you can't find a new grad position or you get tired of working on the floor. Case manager, EMR support, Nurse educator....and if those don't sound interesting to you, there are also many positions that don't consist of working on the floor. PACU, OR circulator, we even have R.N.'s that work strictly with our legal department reviewing cases
Old 01-16-2014, 09:16 PM   #100
Member...?
Hank4444 will become famous soon enoughHank4444 will become famous soon enough

Name: Brian
Hank4444's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhdNPrerunners View Post

Do it.

Yes the job will suck some days, and be fantastic some days. BUT guess what… you will have a job because people are only getting fatter, lazier, more unhealthy, not to mention the national reading level is 5th grade now (9th grade in I think 1997).

Also, as you mentioned, RN can lead to CRNA, NP, CNM, CNS, First Assist, PA, instructor, Flight Nurse, or anything else for that matter.

As others stated, ACA will more than likely fail. But one positive thing about the ACA is that it encourages more advanced practice positions like the ones above. A small example: the ACA gave CNM 100% payment, meaning that they can bill/get paid without a physician. Prior to the ACA, I think it was like 60% payment.