Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Do you HATE your job?

View Poll Results: do you hate your job?
Yes i hate my job! 59 31.89%
No, I love my job! 100 54.05%
sheeeeet son, i dont even have a dam job. 26 14.05%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #21
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMrGExperience View Post
hey its not that bad 15mpg haha. I'll have another taco in about a year when i build my credit up a bit
Yea thats better than some of us get
Old 04-11-2012, 11:54 PM   #22
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I'm an appliance repair tech. I hate it. I don't mind the machinery and I've managed to stay employed the last four years, that part is fine. I can't stand the attitude that most people have with me. It gets tiring being treated like a common thief everywhere I go.

I'm still there because the economy here still kinda sucks and I haven't found anything better.

Since this thread was started by a 19 year old, let me do my public service announcement here. Any of you younger folks who are standing at the cross roads trying to decide if college is the path for you, think it over real good. Yes, it's possible to make a decent living without it. Yes, it's possible to not wear a tie to work and sit behind a computer all day. But the folks that wear a tie and have that college degree on the wall will always talk down their nose at you. THAT is what I never understood when I started working. I get it now. The older you get, the harder it is to make a change. Think it over real good while you are young.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:05 AM   #23
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
I'm perfectly happy where I'm at driving around all day delivering liability and shooting anyone stupid enough to fuck with me
Old 04-12-2012, 12:07 AM   #24
So many b!tches, so little time...now back to TW!!
crazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant future

Name: ErIc
crazyrzr85's Tacoma Gallery
lol just saw this...as I'm getting ready to leave work...@ 2:10am...ironnny :P
Old 04-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #25
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
love my job. work out of my house and pay is better then I thought I would be making.
this week alone I havent left the house. ZERO service calls. lay in bed till 10, fart around. tomorrow looks like I will be leaving by 10am but expect to be home either during or just after lunch, unless I get a service call. and yes in this economy or a better one I cannot complain.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:38 AM   #26
DATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud of
DATZ WEAKSAUCE's Tacoma Gallery
hmm i cant say i hate my job! but i do have those days where i ask myself why i freaking do this? and i for damn shure think people in my profession (auto technician) is under paid
Old 04-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #27
bigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Jared
bigwalton15's Tacoma Gallery
I have 3 jobs. Love 2 of them and hate the 1. However the one I hate pays my bills and covers my health insurance. The other 2 our valeting cars on Saturday nights. Super easy drive really nice cars and always walk home with at least $250 a night. Then I also do broadcasting about college baseball for the local cable network. Thats super fun and pays $375 for every game I work. It all keeps me busy.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:04 AM   #28
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I really like my job.

I work in a data center as a help desk person. Its pretty easy and everyone is laid back. I also like working with computers and its crazy to see how many companies use old ass servers to run their companies. I make good money for my age and no degree. Its pays all the bills and still have money to do things I enjoy. I also have a great shift with tons of time off. I work 3 on 3 off and 4 on 4 off in 12 hour shifts and 3 week of vaction helps too. Because I am young and learn fast I am already training people and have gotten more important things to do and I have only been with my job for about 6 months. There is also pretty of room to grow within my space that I am in if I keep doing what I have been doing.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:52 AM   #29
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
Well...let's see...I did a job for 10 years that was a love/hate thing...some weeks MUCH better than others. It paid the bills so I stayed there. Had an awesome opportunity fall in my lap and changed jobs,loved the job. Great people,good pay and awesome benefits. BUT,it was for a huge ( think worldwide ) company. I had an issue the week before last that according to what I was told all through my orientation and training shouldn't have been a big deal,but they had the same type of mistake with a different product in a different part of the country and they were headhunting for examples. The decision to can me was made far above my boss's pay grade ( by people who I've never met or even heard of )so now I'm out of work for the time being.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:57 AM   #30
Señorita Member
bethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
bethes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
Since this thread was started by a 19 year old, let me do my public service announcement here. Any of you younger folks who are standing at the cross roads trying to decide if college is the path for you, think it over real good. Yes, it's possible to make a decent living without it. Yes, it's possible to not wear a tie to work and sit behind a computer all day. But the folks that wear a tie and have that college degree on the wall will always talk down their nose at you. THAT is what I never understood when I started working. I get it now. The older you get, the harder it is to make a change. Think it over real good while you are young.

There are definitely some people who will look down on you if you don't have a degree. But those are the people who will look down on you for something anyway. If you had a degree they'd whine about something else. Don't listen to them and definitely don't make your life choices based on them.

Remember when choosing college or no college, sh*t rolls downhill and when the market in a given industry falters it's the people at the lower end of the field who are first to be laid off, and that generally means people without a degree go first. A degree can act as a buffer during tough times. But some jobs don't expect a college education, so college might be a huge waste of time. So the best advice I can offer is figure out what you love to do, and tailor your educational goals to that.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:06 AM   #31
slingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Matt
slingshot5r's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't seen my tacoma since December, and I have a long ways to go. I hate Afghanistan. Sooooooo ready to move on.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:15 AM   #32
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DATZ WEAKSAUCE View Post
hmm i cant say i hate my job! but i do have those days where i ask myself why i freaking do this? and i for damn shure think people in my profession (auto technician) is under paid
Depends I did it 3 years before I joined the Coast Guard flat rate $85/hour. Some weeks were better than others pay wise but it was always something different and more often than not I spent half my day cursing engineers (ever replace a starter on a Ford Contour?) and the other half being the oil change boy as low man on the totem pole. Personally what drove me out of it was not being able to work for family not necessarily the job itself.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #33
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
The poll does not offer an option for how I feel about my career. I work at a place that has placed in the top 10 most respected companies & top 10 best places to work (many times over the years for both ratings), it's a great company. I don't hate my job but, if I won a lottery I would no longer work there or anywhere. I have so many other things in life that I'd rather be doing (not the least of which would be visiting those I care about) but somehow that "food, clothing & shelter" thing always gets in the way. Now how much that amount (of the littery) is, is another poll.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #34
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: David
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
But the folks that wear a tie and have that college degree on the wall will always talk down their nose at you.
Thats a pretty shitty thing to assume. I have my bachelors and am working on my masters. I for damn sure don't look down on those with just a highschool diploma or whatever. I def don't snub my nose at them either...
Old 04-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #35
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
I hate what I do, but like the people I work with. I work at a patent law firm and training to become a paralegal. It's not a bad job, but just something I hate doing. I never wanted to work at a desk job because it contradicts with my personality and is boring. I stick with the job because the pay is good, it's full time and full benefits. Also most of my co-workers are awesome to work with and my boss is one of the nicest and generous guys I know. Plus it provides a stable paycheck to put food on the table for my family. My passion is teaching and was working at a school before, but hours got cut and the pay wasn't enough to pay the bills. Plus I'm a year out from being able to be a head teacher. Someday I will get back to it, but my Fiance's schooling is more important right now.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #36
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
I like my new job, hate doing mail during the day lol
Old 04-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #37
seksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Brandon
seksilumpia's Tacoma Gallery
i HATE my job.. i work as a tire tech at sams club..reason why im still there is because i like the crew we have in tires,but the store is bullshit and job market is too tight...this made me realize that im better than this,im going to back to school so i can enjoy life and live comfortable. Until then im just going to suck it up and be miserable
Old 04-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #38
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I love my job, I work at a machine shop in the summer and go to school the rest of the year.

The job I had before that I hated, I was working at a lawnmower shop that was 45 min away for minimum wage, I was a highschool student then. I was also hired to help work on the mowers (akaL i was hired so they could train me to work on the mowers), they changed their mind and decided I was going to do deliveries all day......I can drive a trailer a lot better now, other than that, I didn't get much out of it
Old 04-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #39
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Consulting engineering sucks. Flying is fun.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #40
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
I hated my old job but made great money. Then one day i said fuck it, not worth it anymore so i quit. Now i love my job but i wont start making good money for 3-4 years.
Life is much better being happy at the job.
I work 4 days then im off 4 days. Mini vacation every 4 days