Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Do you HATE your job?

View Poll Results: do you hate your job?
Yes i hate my job! 59 31.89%
No, I love my job! 100 54.05%
sheeeeet son, i dont even have a dam job. 26 14.05%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #41
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I love my job but they hate me because I set the bar too high for the rest of the employees.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #42
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
I'm both. I love what I do, for now, however with a side project that I am launching this year I hope it takes over as my primary. Then, I will LOOOOVE my job. I just keep plugging away at the current job long enough to get the other one going. I just hate the politics of my current company.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #43
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I hate what I do (to an extent, other aspects are fun), but I like the people I work with, so it's alright.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #44
DATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud of
DATZ WEAKSAUCE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Depends I did it 3 years before I joined the Coast Guard flat rate $85/hour. Some weeks were better than others pay wise but it was always something different and more often than not I spent half my day cursing engineers (ever replace a starter on a Ford Contour?) and the other half being the oil change boy as low man on the totem pole. Personally what drove me out of it was not being able to work for family not necessarily the job itself.
cant say that has happened to me lol i rarely do straight oil changes we have lube techs for that i only really do it when i choose to do it cause there is no work in the main shop side so i can try to get up sales. but what pisses me off is the advisors making more then i make when they dont have an education dont know jack and shit about cars they dont gotta pay a tool bill every week and continue their factory training some BS if you ask me but yeah like i said i dont hate my job i like working freely with no one down my neck leaving when the work is done but i do have those days when nothing is going your way and you ask yourself why you do this? hhaha
Old 04-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #45
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know if I hate 'my job.' I'm a military doc - I hate what I'm doing currently (family-practice type) because I want to do ER. So the type of work I'm currently doing sucks. But overall I don't think I dislike my profession. And I work with some decent folks.

I can't change b/c my orders don't let me!

I'm so glad I joined the Navy so I can never work on a ship.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #46
mistaare is on a distinguished road
mistaare's Tacoma Gallery
I have 2 jobs, like others here, love one, hate the other. Unfortunetly the one that pays the mortgage is the one I hate. Inner city school teacher. Hate it, been a teacher for 15+ years, pay is good but thats about all. Other job, white water raft guide on weekends and summer. Love it.

Been looking around for a possible career change. Envious of you guys that love your jobs.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #47
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
work is for fools.

wait.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #48
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
do you? and why?
if you do hate it, why are you still there?

, because its too stressful, but i stay here because of the money.

We think alike...although I would never say I "hate" what I do......but I do not "love" it either. But damn it pays well!!!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #49
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a full time student. It's a ridiculous job with no current pay, but I'm hoping the pay off at the end will be worth the effort.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #50
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
love my job. . . though at times i hate my job ..... but i love my job in general
Old 04-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #51
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
kinda tired of yard work. want something els than makes more. $$$ just hard to get something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
I love my job. I'm outside 99% of the time in a lot of remote places where most people think "man, there is nobody out here"...that's when I roll up
i think i may go to school for this. i know what you do. but wont say....
Old 04-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #52
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if I love or hate my job... But I for sure hate the people I have to deal with.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #53
dcclark09 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chance
dcclark09's Tacoma Gallery
i like what i do at my job i just hate being on call 24/7
Old 04-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #54
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
My job is a job. It pays the bills and provides me with enough time off to do the things I really enjoy. I work 7-4:30 Mon - Thurs. Some customers are great, some are a pain.

My philosophy is, you should at least love the job you do, or the money it makes.
Some people are lucky enough to get both.
Lots of people have neither.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #55
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
I like my job but the pay is terrible. So going to be a realtor on the side as soon as I pass my test :fingers crossed:
Old 04-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #56
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
I love my job. I'm outside 99% of the time in a lot of remote places where most people think "man, there is nobody out here"...that's when I roll up
What is your job?

No official job right now but I'm hoping to become an RN with a BSN mainly because I have a passion for helping people, job security, and can't really see myself doing much else. My dad always told me that "If you find a job you like you'll never work a day in your life."
Old 04-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #57
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
As of recently I can't stand my fucking job. I enlisted on the soul purpose of making prouder use of my time. That lasted up until about February this year. I need to deploy again so I can separate from the Army on a good note with $$,$$$ in my pocket. See you guys on the other side 23NOV13.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:51 AM   #58
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
What is your job?

No official job right now but I'm hoping to become an RN with a BSN mainly because I have a passion for helping people, job security, and can't really see myself doing much else. My dad always told me that "If you find a job you like you'll never work a day in your life."
Do this, do this!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nurse_anesthetist
Old 04-13-2012, 02:56 AM   #59
The slowest build EVER!!
MI4x4Toy will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
MI4x4Toy's Tacoma Gallery
Love job and the work I do, hate the people I work with.

Amazing how they got so many a-holes under the same roof!
Old 04-13-2012, 03:02 AM   #60
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
markmatters's Tacoma Gallery
I love my job...and if someone tries to tell me their job is better than mine, I'll give them the finger because it's not true. I truly believe this. It pays for my house, my family and the stuff that makes me happy...and I have 7 fine men that would give their lives for me.