LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Do you HATE your job?

View Poll Results: do you hate your job?
Yes i hate my job! 59 31.89%
No, I love my job! 100 54.05%
sheeeeet son, i dont even have a dam job. 26 14.05%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Do you HATE your job?

do you? and why?
if you do hate it, why are you still there?

i do, because its too stressful, but i stay here because of the money.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
Señorita Member
bethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
bethes's Tacoma Gallery
That's too bad, man. I love my job. Granted it's a tight job market but you aren't conscripted to work there. So if you don't like it, change it. Good luck.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Being a waiter is okay, the work environment is a lot of fun and the money is awesome, but it can be stressful.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #4
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
do what you love..and if you cant..love something else...

moral of the story...dont trust women.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
I love my job. I'm outside 99% of the time in a lot of remote places where most people think "man, there is nobody out here"...that's when I roll up
Old 04-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #6
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
I love my job. I'm outside 99% of the time in a lot of remote places where most people think "man, there is nobody out here"...that's when I roll up
What do you do?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #7
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
What do you do?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Yes I hate my job. All day I'm fixing receiving mistakes that the warehouse makes. Then I have to copy crap, and do a bunch of data entry. Why do I stay? The money is good for not having a degree. Also it isn't hard work. I would much rather be working on something mechanical or operating a cargo train or equipment.

I'm an Inventory Control Clerk. It is a union job.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #9
dschlecht is a splendid one to beholddschlecht is a splendid one to beholddschlecht is a splendid one to beholddschlecht is a splendid one to beholddschlecht is a splendid one to beholddschlecht is a splendid one to beholddschlecht is a splendid one to beholddschlecht is a splendid one to behold

dschlecht's Tacoma Gallery
I love my job. Just got back from 5 weeks in Switzerland which is an awesome part of Europe to visit.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #10
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Well when I mess up I have 8 people telling me about it, how do you think I like my job?

Seriously though how could you not like being on the water or wrenching on boats for a living? The people are the only downside to my job and that's only a minor issue. Being relatively easygoing helps.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #11
Because Tacos are too mainstream...and Im poor.
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TheMrGExperience's Tacoma Gallery
i work at mcdonalds thats why i hate my job. any further explanation needed?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #12
Glocking Tall
TS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
TS1980's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I hate my job. Actually I hate my current situation, not my career choice if that makes sense. Can't wait to move on.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #13
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMrGExperience View Post
quit and go into retail, waaaayy better than food service (excluding actual restaurants).
Old 04-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #14
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nah..you good.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #15
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Honestly man, I put no job below me. If it meant feeding my wife, dog, family, etc, I would work at every fast food joint, gas station, etc I had to to make ends meet. Hey, at least you are driving a Tacoma

Edit: First thing I would do is sell that truck of yours
Old 04-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #16
rtjohnson1964 is on a distinguished road
Name: Robert
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska / work in Shemya Island EAS, Alaska
rtjohnson1964's Tacoma Gallery
Love my Job!! 9wks on 4wks off Mechanic/Equipment Operator. and Remote places LOL Check out Shemya, Alaska!!2nd to last Island on the Alutien Chain
Old 04-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #17
dschlecht is a splendid one to beholddschlecht is a splendid one to beholddschlecht is a splendid one to beholddschlecht is a splendid one to beholddschlecht is a splendid one to beholddschlecht is a splendid one to beholddschlecht is a splendid one to beholddschlecht is a splendid one to behold

dschlecht's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
Honestly man, I put no job below me. If it meant feeding my wife, dog, family, etc, I would work at every fast food joint, gas station, etc I had to to make ends meet. Hey, at least you are driving a Tacoma
Looks like he's rolling an01 gas guzzling GMC
Old 04-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #18
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dschlecht View Post
Looks like he's rolling an01 gas guzzling GMC
Ah shiat Edited
Old 04-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #19
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
i live in florida and virginia depending on what part of the year it is. i have multiple jobs in both states and love them all. they range from structural engineering for the Navys new ships, to fixing bicycles at a small shop on the beach. Money can deffinately compensate for not likeing a job, but if it's not enough to make it worth while, i'm sure you have plenty to work with to find another. sure the job market is not what it used to be, but there are still plenty of good jobs out there. the key is selling yourself. you seem smart enough to have a pretty decent resume written up. if not and you'd like some help, shoot me a message and i'd be happy to work on one with you. it's amazing what that little piece of paper can get you when done propperly
Old 04-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #20
Because Tacos are too mainstream...and Im poor.
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TheMrGExperience's Tacoma Gallery
hey its not that bad 15mpg haha. I'll have another taco in about a year when i build my credit up a bit