Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

So burned out on work now.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
NRA Benefactor Member
LTE is a jewel in the roughLTE is a jewel in the roughLTE is a jewel in the rough

LTE's Tacoma Gallery
So burned out on work now.

Can't stand it. I loathe it. They won't promote me, or even consider moving me to another position that would better suit my skills.

Can't find anything else. I would do something manual but I've had back surgery.

Just situation just out right sucks.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Can you transfer to a different area? different boss?
Old 04-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
NRA Benefactor Member
LTE is a jewel in the roughLTE is a jewel in the roughLTE is a jewel in the rough

LTE's Tacoma Gallery
I work in insurance. To me it's the most uninteresting thing in the world.

It's not my supervisor, it's the job itself. Because it's a performance based job, my rating is not as good as other people, so managment won't even consider moving me to another position.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
yarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Yuri
yarik83's Tacoma Gallery
There is no job in this world that keeps you excited and after 15 years of employment in various industries I have yet to see a single boss promote anyone out of goodness of their heart. Most promotions are earned because someone retired and someone else moved into that position and it trickles down the food chain. Most people wake up, go to work, come back from work, go to sleep, wake up, go to work....

Realistically speaking your only way of earning more money is to switch companies (which most people do multiple times in their lifetime).

I can't and I won't tell you to suck it up because we all go through burnouts. Get some rest, take a vacation, get a life coach, pick up a hobby, hobbies, develop a routine which you do DAILY.

For example I walk 1.5 mi every day to walk off my stress and burn off cubicle fat. I also have hobbies and every day I have the same schedule which includes work, rest, entertainment.

If you do want to look around... look around but do so candidly and NEVER mention it at work.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #6
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTE View Post
Can't stand it. I loathe it. They won't promote me, or even consider moving me to another position that would better suit my skills.

Can't find anything else. I would do something manual but I've had back surgery.

Just situation just out right sucks.
I'm about to quit my job. Just the people I work with and lots of bullshit issue that is not needed here
Old 04-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #7
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarik83 View Post
There is no job in this world that keeps you excited and after 15 years of employment in various industries I have yet to see a single boss promote anyone out of goodness of their heart. Most promotions are earned because someone retired and someone else moved into that position and it trickles down the food chain. Most people wake up, go to work, come back from work, go to sleep, wake up, go to work....

Realistically speaking your only way of earning more money is to switch companies (which most people do multiple times in their lifetime).

I can't and I won't tell you to suck it up because we all go through burnouts. Get some rest, take a vacation, get a life coach, pick up a hobby, hobbies, develop a routine which you do DAILY.

For example I walk 1.5 mi every day to walk off my stress and burn off cubicle fat. I also have hobbies and every day I have the same schedule which includes work, rest, entertainment.

If you do want to look around... look around but do so candidly and NEVER mention it at work.
^Listen to this guy! I could not have said it any better.

Do something to break up your day. I eat my lunch at my desk and go to the gym during my actual lunch hour. Believe it or not, doing something different before/after work instead of the same routine makes the actual work day go by faster. It gives you something to reflect on or look forward to.