Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Volunteer/Paid On-call FF

Old 04-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Volunteer/Paid On-call FF

Decided to try my hand at firefighting as a career. I was told at the local tech college that since there was a limited number of openings for the classes, they pretty much won't even look at the application unless I was already a volunteer.
I turned in the application earlier this week for the town's 'paid on-call' ff position. Few questions for you guys.

I assume this isn't like a 'normal' application process with a very limited number a slots available? Do they conduct the background check before contacting you? Would I treat this like other job applications and call every so often for updates?
Is there anything I should be aware of with this process?