Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Need some suggestions/advice

Old 06-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
mirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
mirraman's Tacoma Gallery
Need some suggestions/advice

I work for a fast growing biofuels company right now. No, not ethanol. We make high grade/high octane gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel all from biomass. My title is Catalyst and Operations Technician.

The company is going to start operations on a pilot plant this year and the question has come up about what I would like to focus on. I excel at both catalyst production and systems operations. I've come to a tough decision. If you're wondering, I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, but am also very experienced with computer operations and have a strong mechanical apptitude.

If I were to go with catalyst production, I would get a lot of experience in the chemical industry and would stay in that field as a career with this company or another in the future. If I were to go with operations, I could look more into working with oil companies or even power plant operations.

Please let me know of any insight you may have with this sort of thing. Thanks.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
while i'm not well versed in this arena, ..it sounds like either would be an interesting opportunity for you... i think anyting in the exploration/production industries should have promising prospects in the future... just look at how many more energy deposits are being discovered across canada/usa... as the technology and techniques for discovering new plays improves, the bigger the potential yields become...

don't know much about biomass, but i'd suspect the growth potential could stagnate at a certain point, ..as sources are probably somewhat limited and less "3 dimensional" than for underground energy reserves..