Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Started my new truck driver job

Old 06-23-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
rawdog has a spectacular aura aboutrawdog has a spectacular aura about

Name: Steve
rawdog's Tacoma Gallery
Started my new truck driver job

Started my new job as a LTL (less than loaded) truck driver. I drive between Edmonton and Houston delivering oil rig parts.
Check out my rig
Started my new truck driver job-imageuploadedbytapatalk1340458874.176945.jpg
Old 06-23-2012, 06:43 AM   #2
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
I'm liking the bumper, that an all-pro?
Old 06-23-2012, 06:46 AM   #3
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Best of luck! Talk about temperature extremes.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:49 AM   #4
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
best of lock! i think we have some other big rig drivers on here.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
nice looking rig! sounds like an interesting job..
Old 06-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #6

rawdog's Tacoma Gallery
Cowcatcher type bumper haha,

Its alright, lots of straight boring roads.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #7
The Messiah
tacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomatrd99's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. I miss trucking. I got out when I was 23 and have missed it ever since. Went for an office job. Still not sure why.lol
Old 06-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #8

rawdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomatrd99 View Post
Nice. I miss trucking. I got out when I was 23 and have missed it ever since. Went for an office job. Still not sure why.lol
Thats a bit of a switch up haha, what kind of trucking did you do. I'm just about to go back to work, we do 3 weeks on 1 week off.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #9
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
cool! I always thought that would be a cool job, hard on the body to do as a career though.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #10
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
nice man! i would like to get my licence one day.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:45 PM   #11
The Messiah
tacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog View Post
Thats a bit of a switch up haha, what kind of trucking did you do. I'm just about to go back to work, we do 3 weeks on 1 week off.
I hauled full-time for Unilever (Revlon / Calvin Klein Products) and then when I started being a project manager in the office, I worked nights for the local grocery store chain hauling bakery goods.

I grew up in the industry though. My father still works for United Van Lines hauling IBM mainframes, fine art, and wine collections. My uncle worked for United and Mural Van Lines. I'm the first male in our family to get out of it.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:00 AM   #12
Trucker
503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
503TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I hauled full-time for Unilever (Revlon / Calvin Klein Products) and then when I started being a project manager in the office, I worked nights for the local grocery store chain hauling bakery goods.

I grew up in the industry though. My father still works for United Van Lines hauling IBM mainframes, fine art, and wine collections. My uncle worked for United and Mural Van Lines. I'm the first male in our family to get out of it.

Can't believe you got out of it..my dad started driving when he was 19..been in the industry for 35 years now. I'm 18 and i start truck driving training on Monday! Can't wait..it gets in your blood man..i love it, couldn't see me doing anything else!
Old 06-30-2012, 04:47 AM   #13
The Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 503TRD View Post
Can't believe you got out of it..my dad started driving when he was 19..been in the industry for 35 years now. I'm 18 and i start truck driving training on Monday! Can't wait..it gets in your blood man..i love it, couldn't see me doing anything else!
I miss it every day. Every few years I get the urge to go back and I renew my physical an hazmat and port card but my wife talks me out of it every time. Maybe I should just get rid of the wife. The company I work for knows I'm itching to go back. I feel bad cause they treat me well. I've been there a year and they made me head project manager / assistant operations manager, I have a good salary and a company car with gas card and toll pass. Most would be tickled pink.

My dad is actually getting ready to retire. He's now 67. He started at 16. My grandfather owned a moving company as an agent for Engle Van Lines. Always thought I would inherit it one day but my uncle took it over when my grandfather died and he ran it into the ground.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:56 AM   #14
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm liking the bumper, that an all-pro?
It seems like all of the trucks that come out of Canada run that bumper. Too many moose-truck collisions I guess.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #15
Trucker
503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

503TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I miss it every day. Every few years I get the urge to go back and I renew my physical an hazmat and port card but my wife talks me out of it every time. Maybe I should just get rid of the wife. The company I work for knows I'm itching to go back. I feel bad cause they treat me well. I've been there a year and they made me head project manager / assistant operations manager, I have a good salary and a company car with gas card and toll pass. Most would be tickled pink.

My dad is actually getting ready to retire. He's now 67. He started at 16. My grandfather owned a moving company as an agent for Engle Van Lines. Always thought I would inherit it one day but my uncle took it over when my grandfather died and he ran it into the ground.

sorry to hear about the uncle :/ yeah well you gotta do what keeps you happy! why doesn't the wife want you doing it? long haul and not home a lot or what? I can't wait to get out there on the road..been dreamin bout it my whole life!
Old 06-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #16
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
My sister used to drive... she loved it.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:40 AM   #17
The Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 503TRD View Post
sorry to hear about the uncle :/ yeah well you gotta do what keeps you happy! why doesn't the wife want you doing it? long haul and not home a lot or what? I can't wait to get out there on the road..been dreamin bout it my whole life!
Yeah, she sees how much my dad misses (birthdays, Thanksgiving, etc) and she doesn't want anything to do with it. Driving locally around here you can't make a whole lot compared to what I can make as a project manager in the construction industry.

If I had it all over to do again, I would have spent a few years right away driving cross country. Hopefuly would've gotten it out of my blood and made some good money and then settled down. It'd be too hard to walk away from the job I have now to go back to driving. Most people in their right minds probably wouldn't want to. But once that diesel gets in your veins, you're hooked.lol

I dreamt about it everyday growing up too. Even had my dad pick up Road King magazines for me every month so I could read up on everything. Spent every sumer on the road with my dad. Best times of my life.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #18
Trucker

503TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, she sees how much my dad misses (birthdays, Thanksgiving, etc) and she doesn't want anything to do with it. Driving locally around here you can't make a whole lot compared to what I can make as a project manager in the construction industry.

If I had it all over to do again, I would have spent a few years right away driving cross country. Hopefuly would've gotten it out of my blood and made some good money and then settled down. It'd be too hard to walk away from the job I have now to go back to driving. Most people in their right minds probably wouldn't want to. But once that diesel gets in your veins, you're hooked.lol

I dreamt about it everyday growing up too. Even had my dad pick up Road King magazines for me every month so I could read up on everything. Spent every sumer on the road with my dad. Best times of my life.
yeah sounds alot like me..getting magazines and all. my dad used to go cross country make good money, then settled in oregon and drove locally and i would go with him in the summer..we went to idaho and seattle a few times too in a Peterbilt 379..my dream truck haha now hes got drivers that go to cali and washington and once i get my CDL i'm gonna haul locally for him!
Old 07-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #19
I come from a long line of Conga dancers.
Natetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to all

Name: Nate
Natetroknot's Tacoma Gallery
Volvo's ride nice. What's it governed at, if at all?
Old 07-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #20
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the new job. My secret fantasy job has always been to be an OTR driver. My uncle was an independent driver in the 1980s and I spent summers going on trips with him. Seeing America and Canada from the cab of an 18-wheeler is a great feeling. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as he did.