Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Diesel mechanics/tech thread!

Old 07-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Diesel mechanics/tech thread!

I havent seen one on this yet and am curious to see if theres anyone out there in the diesel mechanics field. I recently got my first (official) job as a floor hand at the caterpillar shop and plan on attending their THINK BIG internship once graduated. Just wanted to see if theres anyone else out there.... this i suppose could be a B.S. thread.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Going to school for diesel tech.

I'm up in ND working for the summer doing basic mechanic stuff.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
I havent seen one on this yet and am curious to see if theres anyone out there in the diesel mechanics field. I recently got my first (official) job as a floor hand at the caterpillar shop and plan on attending their THINK BIG internship once graduated. Just wanted to see if theres anyone else out there.... this i suppose could be a B.S. thread.
Are you really 16? If so, awesome job for a 16 year old
Old 07-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #4
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post

Sweet dude where at?! Im workin at butler machinery in dickinson but live south of richardton.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #5
Dirty mall crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
Yup! I've been set on mechanics for about a year now and love it! The shop is cool enough to let me work on stuff even if it is smaller stuff. I get to pull apart an engine once in awhil and do lots of rental inspections and cleaning/washing. Get to drive some cool stuf though! Ran a scraper the other day and have my own d6 dozer to work on now.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #6
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yup! I've been set on mechanics for about a year now and love it! The shop is cool enough to let me work on stuff even if it is smaller stuff. I get to pull apart an engine once in awhil and do lots of rental inspections and cleaning/washing. Get to drive some cool stuf though! Ran a scraper the other day and have my own d6 dozer to work on now.
Thats facking awesome!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #7
Dirty mall crawler

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Thats facking awesome!
For the most part, except today i spent all day cleaning mouse shit out of the headliner on the thing. Nasty.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #8
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Sweet dude where at?! Im workin at butler machinery in dickinson but live south of richardton.
Between Tioga and Ray east of Williston. I live in Wildrose though hahaha.

Going back to Reno/school end of August.

I'm sure Cat would be fun, get yourself in a service truck and you'll be rolling in the money.

Wish I had a case of that Cat Desert Gold grease, I'd like some for my truck!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #9
Dirty mall crawler

Quote:
Between Tioga and Ray east of Williston. I live in Wildrose though hahaha.

Going back to Reno/school end of August.

I'm sure Cat would be fun, get yourself in a service truck and you'll be rolling in the money.
And the dirt/snow... im more of a shop guy. Although evryone says the field is better because of the lesser amount of bs to put up with.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #10

Yeah I'd rather be in a shop too!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #11
Dirty mall crawler

Yea it can be gay though sometimes. For instance all radios recently got banned from the shop because of radio wars.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #12
slo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
slo13zx3's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a tech