LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Questions for Contractors

Old 01-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #21
Lespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Lespaulkid01's Tacoma Gallery
Question for you all..

How do you keep your feet warm during the winter? I've got a pair of Carolina steel toe and as the weather has been getting colder, my toes have been getting number. I was given some pairs of merino wool/polyester blend socks for Christmas that have been helping out a lot, but we are supposed to be getting a lot of 0-10*F days coming up in the next month or so and I'm afraid the socks won't be enough. I have 2 pair of under armour cold gear socks that work pretty well too, but was just curious what you all use if anything? I've heard of insulated liners but couldn't really find anything online. I'm not trying to spend the money on a separate pair of winter boots though unless its the only option I have.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #22
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lespaulkid01 View Post
Question for you all..

How do you keep your feet warm during the winter? I've got a pair of Carolina steel toe and as the weather has been getting colder, my toes have been getting number. I was given some pairs of merino wool/polyester blend socks for Christmas that have been helping out a lot, but we are supposed to be getting a lot of 0-10*F days coming up in the next month or so and I'm afraid the socks won't be enough. I have 2 pair of under armour cold gear socks that work pretty well too, but was just curious what you all use if anything? I've heard of insulated liners but couldn't really find anything online. I'm not trying to spend the money on a separate pair of winter boots though unless its the only option I have.
I'm not a contractor, but have done my fair share of work in the cold. You really can't beat an insulated boot if its cold. Any insulation is better than nothing. Specialy with steel toes. I have a couple pairs of the Timberland Pros. Just enough insulation for me for most of the time. If I know its going to be really cold and I'll be out in it for a while, I grab something similar to these: http://m.uline.com/mt/www.uline.com/...w&gclsrc=aw.ds
If used things like these in the past and they work really well. Pretty damn cold and my feet would be border line hot. They feel weird in your boot, but its worth it for warm feet IMO. Stay warm!
Old 01-04-2014, 03:47 AM   #23
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lespaulkid01 View Post
Question for you all..

I swear by Danner boots. I only wear one pair of socks even when I lived up north and never have cold feet.

http://www.danner.com/boots

Oh, yea stick with the US made Danners.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:48 AM   #24
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Construction Spending Posts Biggest Increase Since 2006

Posted on March 4, 2014 by Penny Stacey
Total construction spending in January posted the steepest year-over-year increase since 2006, with growth in public construction as well as private residential and nonresidential spending, according to an analysis of new Census Bureau data by the Associated General Contractors of America (AGC).
“Overall construction spending increased in January compared with both December and January 2013 despite uncommonly adverse weather conditions,” says Ken Simonson, the association’s chief economist. “The monthly gains were limited to homebuilding and multifamily residential construction, although private nonresidential work should rebound in the next few months. Public construction is up for now on a year-over-year basis, but funding remains questionable.”
Construction put in place totaled $943 billion in January, 0.1 percent higher than the December total, which was revised up $12 billion from the initial estimate, according to the report. The January mark was 9.3 percent higher than in January 2013, the fastest rate of growth for total construction spending since May 2006. Private residential construction spending increased by 1.1 percent in January and jumped 15 percent over 12 months. Private nonresidential spending slipped 0.2 percent for the month, but rose 9.7 percent compared to January 2013. Public construction spending dropped 0.8 percent for the month, but increased 2.5 percent from a year earlier.
“Contractors are clearly more optimistic about the outlook for private nonresidential markets this year, as shown by their upbeat answers to an AGC survey in January,” Simonson adds. “In addition, apartment construction is still very strong in much of the country, and homebuilding should remain positiv