1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fisheries/Marine Science Jobs

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by BassMaster06, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Jul 18, 2012 at 10:40 AM
    BassMaster06

BassMaster06 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2006 Double Cab V6 4x4
    Mods: sand, dog hair, roof rust
    My girlfriend and I are fed up with our boring indoor laboratory jobs and both of us want to do/find something different. We are in our mid 20's, and we both have a history of jobs that entailed field work and love being outside. I have a degree in Fisheries Management and she has a degree in Marine Science and we both have several years of experience in the environmental fields under our belts. We've started looking for various jobs in different areas of the country that we would like to live. We've narrowed it down (broadly) to the Pacific Northwest or somewhere south, like the Carolinas, the Florida Keys, etc.

I just wanted to throw this thread out there to see if any members here on TW would be able to give me some input or ideas for what we're looking for. I would love to hear from people that might work in similar fields or share similar interests, or anyone that can give me ideas for websites, companies and/or organizations that would be worth looking into, currently hiring, etc. I usually rely on TW for questions/ideas about my Tacoma :D, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to see what other opportunities this community could open up for me. Thanks!

To Top