Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Pissed Off!

Old 08-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Pissed Off!

I need to vent about some shit.

A month ago I interviewed with a company, dream job, great pay benefits ect...got the offer. He told me it would take a while to get the official offer letter and just to be patient. I said fine thats cool. So now last week I got a call from the guy saying he'll have the offer letter friday for me. Haven't heard since. He warned me about a slow process, but this is getting redicilous.

Anyone ever have to deal with this? He seemed like a really cool trusting guy too. We interviewed for over 2 hrs each time. I just dont understand the situation. So Im really pissed, stressed, freakin out. Finding good jobs these days just blows.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
If it is a dream job be patient.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specalt View Post
If it is a dream job be patient.
There just isn't a whole lot of communication between the guy.

I keep thinking of that movie Boiler Room. Im just gonna show up and theres nothing but phones on the floor.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Is it a reputable company?
Old 08-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #5
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Call him. Show some initiative.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #6
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
Some jobs just take time, big companies have alot of processes to go through to be hired. The job I'm at now took a long time to come to fruition, from the time I was told to apply to getting the job, about 3 months. be patient
Old 08-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #7
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Yea that sucks. Keep your head up.

At least ya didn't get layed off and gotta start all over hell it's been almost 10 years since I've put in an app.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #8
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
the amount of red tape that needs to be cut through in corp America is insane. I bet it has to go from this guy, to a local HR dept, to a corp HR dept, maybe approved by Legal, and maybe even need an executive sign off. Keep in mind people can be on vacation or maybe their focus is on something more urgent.

A phone call from you to him isnt the worst thing, and you dont want to sound desperate, but it will show initiative. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #9

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
If you do call him just make sure you ask if there is any thing you can provide to help the process along.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #10
2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough

2004tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
It definately does not hurt to call.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #11
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Good things come to those who wait.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #12
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
be optimistic. its not Friday yet
Old 08-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #13
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
keep callin. let it be known that your still available, interested and waitin. remember you snooze you loose.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #14
a member
WhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiteWiddow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
WhiteWiddow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
the amount of red tape that needs to be cut through in corp America is insane. I bet it has to go from this guy, to a local HR dept, to a corp HR dept, maybe approved by Legal, and maybe even need an executive sign off. Keep in mind people can be on vacation or maybe their focus is on something more urgent.

A phone call from you to him isnt the worst thing, and you dont want to sound desperate, but it will show initiative. Good luck and keep us posted.
THIS^^^ The company I work for's hiring process takes a little over 3/4 months... A lot of red tape, changing hands, people on vacations etc... Keep your head up man and be patient. But I know the feeling cause I have been there. Best of luck!
Old 08-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #15

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I have called and emailed since he called last week and have gotten no response. I dont mind the wait, just more communication. A simple email back would be fine. Its a private company, and opening a new office so I know the guy is busy and there is a lot going on. But this kinda sucks. My wife and I are in limbo, we moved out here to be reimbursed and were stuck in a hotel waiting on an apt. Last the guy told me was the offer letter would be in last friday. He did warn me up front that it would be a long process but its just frustrating and Im trying to walk that line of interest/desperate.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #16
Aggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
NOT kidding here...

I had this go on for four years! I got a good job with a financial firm only for my new boss to leave for another better paying but similar job at another company. She and another former colleague starting recruiting me right away to join them. I interviewed with them off and on for four years and it was always something..."we decided to hold off growing the department for a while", or "we are going through some acquisitions so everything is being put on hold", etc.

Finally I got an offer and it's been great since...been with this company for going on 9 years now. It does take some serious patience to wait on a job that you really want to work out sometimes.

Now I'm a manager and I see it from the other end. I get ready to hire someone and everything takes forever to reach a point to actually make someone an offer. If it were up to just me, I could have the interviews done and offer out in a matter of weeks, but it usually takes months due to HR issues, getting the right people to sign off on everything...just typical red tape.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #17
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watari06V6 View Post
keep callin. let it be known that your still available, interested and waitin. remember you snooze you loose.
I used to hire people and if you called to many times, you were no longer considered for the job. People will hound the piss out of you and it sucks.. Make the once a week follow up, no more than that.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #19

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah still no word today. I thought about just dropping in the office, but then thought that was a lil stockerish. Just wish I could get a "hang in there dude" or something.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #20
Señorita Member
bethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
bethes's Tacoma Gallery
Follow up, I'm pretty sure that follow-up phone calls tipped the scale in my favor when an employer was on the fence.

And be patient. My dad once applied for a job and from the time he applied to his first day of work was 11 months. But eventually they hired him and he accepted.