Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Job suggestions?

Old 09-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Job suggestions?

I am graduating this December with a BS in Business Management and a minor in Entrepreneurship from a largely unknown state school (Montana State). I am beginning to look into jobs, but am having trouble finding what I want to do. I have been looking into purchasing jobs and I even like investment banking, trading, etc. but I realize that major corporations won't even give someone like me a look over the Ivy League kids. Anyone have any suggestions for good entry-level business jobs that have good growth potential? I want to get into the corporate world, but I realize that everyone has to start somewhere. I just don't want to get into a position where I will plateau quickly and run out of growth options.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
Señorita Member
bethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
bethes's Tacoma Gallery
I had a business degree and ran into the same thing, I eventually got frustrated with the jobs I could find/get because I didn't like them and went back to school. I got a geology bachelor's and I'm working on my master's now and love my job.

I don't have much good advice, I guess, just some empathy. One thing I will say is I'm not so sure the name recognition for your school really matters that much. For the most part I think a bachelor's degree is a bachelor's degree, so I wouldn't worry too much about competing there. Besides that, if you do put in a resume somewhere that the particular school is really important, you can't do much about it anyway. Stop worrying about what you don't have and focus on what you can offer. Good luck!