LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Green/Black belt ~ Not MARTIAL ARTS you fool!

Old 09-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #21
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
In one of my management classes i took a test and am certified as a green belt equivalent
Old 09-30-2012, 01:34 AM   #22
rexel is on a distinguished road
rexel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
How long did it take?

...just like this thread

Mine is going to be through work.
I got it through work, three 1 week sessions and completing a project between the sessions.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:18 AM   #23
40 year old teenager
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Yellow belt certified here......and never apply it at work.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #24
Phlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Phlip4x4Sport's Tacoma Gallery
I got a Green belt while working at GE Plastics in the mid 90's. When I was a consultant I used pieces of it like process mapping and FMEA all of the time to explain to C-Level execs why they want to fix something down in IT. I don't use all of the math as much anymore, but the ideas are good for the toolkit.

It is useful but only if after you do all of the grunt work to prove something, you have someone with power to present it to.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #25
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
In all seriousness, is there a legit benefit to six sigma? I dont know too many of my friends that have it, but......my Mother in Law, is getting hers and she acts like its the greatest thing ever. Im just sick of listening to her talk, but shes trying to convince the world about how great it is. I just never come across it, nor am I in manufacturing yet I still get lectured on how I should get it.
for a large company, it is good for uncovering inefficiencies in their processes, eliminating waste, and restructuring(if needed) their old ways to a profitable and lean/efficient operating culture. 6 sigma probably plays out better for manufacturing companies vs other companies.

I am a certified green belt, but that is only because I have participated on projects that have been successful(savings of $100k+). to be a black belt, one would need to have a college degree, or be a mid-high level manager status, typically. at my old company, a dedicated black belt(vs. a person that is a trained black belt, but still holds their profession and does not conduct 6 sigma projects) would start out now at $80k+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV7u1VBhWCE
Old 12-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #26
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
for a large company, it is good for uncovering inefficiencies in their processes, eliminating waste, and restructuring(if needed) their old ways to a profitable and lean/efficient operating culture. 6 sigma probably plays out better for manufacturing companies vs other companies.

I am a certified green belt, but that is only because I have participated on projects that have been successful(savings of $100k+). to be a black belt, one would need to have a college degree, or be a mid-high level manager status, typically. at my old company, a dedicated black belt(vs. a person that is a trained black belt, but still holds their profession and does not conduct 6 sigma projects) would start out now at $80k+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV7u1VBhWCE

I can see in a manufacturing operation it having some use. I see it every now and then on job postings. I was just curious. My mother in law who i cant stand acts like it's the key to her financial freedom and will make her invaluable to her company. She's bat shit crazy.

Funny thing about that clip, when I was a HS freshman my dad was laid off, then he saw office space a few yrs later. He said his old company did the exact same thing. Brought in these guys and phased out different aspects of the company. He said they were very similar in how big of douchebags the movie guys are. In hindsight it allowed him to start his own business and make way more than he ever would at his old company. He still buys products from the old company and there is a lot of friction there, all those that stayed on the boat are pretty miserable.