Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Jobs & Careers

Notices

Project Manager Cert?

Old 10-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Project Manager Cert?

Just wondering if anyone has one, and if it's worth the investment? The college near me has a night course but it cost over $3k. I worked as a PM in construction for over 3 yrs but never came across anyone that has one or the need for one. But when applying to jobs, I see a lot of jobs that look for it as a skill.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
ocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud of
Army: Infantry
ocherp's Tacoma Gallery
Currently in the program for it through PMI, never heard of it either until I got out of the military while looking at options for my VA benefits. It's suppose to be a pretty good asset to have on your resume from what I hear. I'll let you know how "vaulable" it is after I pass the exam and start looking lol
Old 10-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i was just offered this thru work. thinking about it.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I see it more and more. But I have never come across anyone that had one. I knew PM's that have been doing it for over 30 yrs and didn't even have a formal education, but still made really good money. $3k for a certification is just about the cost of a semester of grad school. More and more I feel a lot of companies have 0 interest in training ppl and they just want a carbon copy of the former worker.